Transfering profiles between users...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlacBook 2.2 10.5.1
Hello all,

I am wanting to set up a secondary account for daily use but I have been using my admin account for a few months now and need to get mail, settings, pics, etc., active on the secondary account. Is there an easy way to transfer all of this data to the new account or do I have to do it all manually?

Thanx for any tips,
Toby C

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Don't.

Create a new Admin account, log into that, and then change your current account to a standard account for everyday use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm not sure I understand why you want to use a non-Admin account for daily use. Unless this is a commuter used by more than 1 person it seems somewhat pointless.

I agree with technologist though...

OP
Toby_Mac'ed
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlacBook 2.2 10.5.1
Thanx a ton...

...for the speedy responses. I found another thread that suggested the same thing (I believe it was by the same poster) and it makes perfect sense ;D.

It is simply for security purposes, since I use my MacBook on several unsecured wireless networks (while at work, it is my only option). I practically live on-line and would hate for my noobiness (or sensitive data) to leak out all over someone else's network.

Thanx again for the tips!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.