Top Secret Photoshop Tutorial

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sure some of you have seen this photoshop tutorial before It's called 'photoshop top secret'. http://www.photoshoptopsecret.com/

I have had it for a while but have only recently started using it. I think it's really great and alot of fun. I just wanted to share some of the images I made with you to get your opinions etc.

I've only got one finished picture so far but I will be adding more as I complete them.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii114/Liam_Taylor/HippoLizard-Finished.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
whoa, thats probably the scariest thing ive seen in a while! thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 8-core mac pro. 4GB RAM 1.5TB storage. Dual LCDs (one IPS monitor for the colour).
They're not bad. They have nothing new I can't learn but I do remember them from...last year? I think. Not so sure. They're legit, they give what they promise, but in the end it's nothing but tutorials. The rest is all about your own creativity and imagination rather than being another photoshop parrot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
They're not bad. They have nothing new I can't learn but I do remember them from...last year? I think. Not so sure. They're legit, they give what they promise, but in the end it's nothing but tutorials. The rest is all about your own creativity and imagination rather than being another photoshop parrot.

exactly right. Personally, I don't believe in tutorials that much. Some are great, and very useful, but the thing is, they teach you ONE way of doing ONE thing. The beauty of photoshop is that there are countless ways of achieving things, and it's with experience and understanding that these are accomplished - not simply by following instructions.

If someone is taught the basics of photoshop, and effective methods of using the tools and functions, then tutorials aren't really needed as all the background knowledge is there already. Like you said, that's where creativity and imagination come in, as you already have the tools, knowledge and experience to do it.

Maybe I'm a bit biased, but I see most tutorials as a paint-by-numbers kind of thing.

Lamboo, for your example - see if you can match the colours a bit more closely. I'm not sure what the tut suggests, but the clone stamp and patch tools are very useful for situations like that - where you may need to control both colour and texture independently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac with 2GB of RAM
I see tutorials the same way, but at the same time for me I just recently started using photoshop and they are a great way for me to understand what some of the features do...I mean I go through and do the tutorial then apply what I learned for my own creativity and tutorials have helped me alot....but I do feel the same that they are a paint by numbers thing

Reaction score
My HP printer is great. It has six separate ink wells and the ink is guaranteed to not fade for 150 years with the appropriate corresponding paper. Epson is a magnificent printer as well, however the ink for it is really expensive. My printer prints with astonishing colors. I own an HP and an Epson. Its not worth getting anything less than a large format printer with an epson brand. DO NOT BUY A CANON large format printer. As a cannon large format printer streaks the half inch of the picture on the left and right side of the print. You have to put a white border around your picture to prevent this. Its not worth the time to buy a large canon printer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
My HP printer is great. It has six separate ink wells and the ink is guaranteed to not fade for 150 years with the appropriate corresponding paper. Epson is a magnificent printer as well, however the ink for it is really expensive. My printer prints with astonishing colors. I own an HP and an Epson. Its not worth getting anything less than a large format printer with an epson brand. DO NOT BUY A CANON large format printer. As a cannon large format printer streaks the half inch of the picture on the left and right side of the print. You have to put a white border around your picture to prevent this. Its not worth the time to buy a large canon printer.

?????????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Great editing and graphic:) Lamboo

This is what I want to do, learn how to use the tools and what options they have. I have not yet found any tutorial sites with Basic Tool learning for Photoshop.

Where could I find a site to learn the tools?

If someone is taught the basics of photoshop, and effective methods of using the tools and functions,

I used to use PaintShop Pro 10 on my windows pc and I learned how to use all the tools via a MSN Group, it was prefect, they also had other fun tutorials to do too. I wish the owner had a MSN Group fo Photoshop, but I guess these's no point using two graphics programs tha big:* I really miss PSP10 as I'm pretty good with making graphics on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.