Copying a disc

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
I need to copy a cd onto my hd and then maybe burn it to a blank disc.
I've just sat at my new iMac and....................I don't know what program to use??!?!?!!?

How do I do this please?

Thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
OK thanks for that wealth of information :D

I'll go and look somewhere else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Gigabit 400 Single. 40GB , 1.25GB RAM. OS 10.4.11 Tiger
Seemed like a simple answer to a simple question to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Reaction score
apple has a program called disk utility that will copy a disk exactly down to the last byte. Also, you could go to file and click "New Burn Folder". This will create a folder on your desktop called "Burn Folder.fpbf" Drag the files from the disk into this while holding down the option key. You will know if you did this right if it shows a little green plus sign next to your cursor right before you drop the files. When it is done copying, eject the disk and put a blank one in. When a little box pops up asking what to do with the disk click OK. Open up the folder and click the word "burn" near the corner. Your disk will burn. (If there are hidden/invisible files on the disk, it may not copy them and they won't get burned. Disk Utililty however will not miss these files)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
Hello Fred - The question was "How do i do this please?"
Hello Jbergsing - Yes, It was correct. I commented on how much the poster was giving away not the answer.

I did go and look somewhere else and found it in these forums. I shouldn't have asked before looking I'm sorry.

As you probably guessed I am new to Macs and just wanted a little guidance. I did say please. :)

Disc utility means nothing to me. I did find it though and opened it but it made no sense. Macs are intuitive but i couldn't use this program without a nudge in the right direction.

Hello redsoxreed - cheers for that. Just what i needed to know. :)

Hello cakemouse - I have used iTunes to burn music to a disk but didn't know it could copy discs. Will look at that again. Thanks :)

Thanks again for all you input. Sometimes I get too excited and ask a question without first looking.
I'm getting there slowly.
These mac are great things when you know how!
Craig

PS Apologies for my sarcastic comment in my previous post. :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.