PDA

View Full Version : Leopard and Vista

dammitdan57
02-25-2008, 09:18 AM
i have both operating systems a desktop with vista and a macbook with leopard. iv only had my macbook for about a month so im still prety new to OS X. is there a way to network the two of them to share files (music, movies ect.) i found a guide for tiger to xp but it seems that some of the settings are a bit different for leopard. can anyone give me a link if there is a guide that they know of, thanks.

svnipp
02-25-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm pretty new to OS X myself, but I would hazard a guess that your source of differences here in the guide are going to be more on the Windows side than the Mac side. I say this based on my belief that XP to Vista is a MUCH more significant change than Tiger to Leopard. I'm sure that someone here will be able to provide you the details that you are looking for shortly.

Good luck.

billydilly
02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Try searching this forum at the top.

Good luck.

baggss
02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I always assumed you could set up a shared folder of some sort. Are you running Vista via Bootcamp?

Thyamine
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
I have a sort of similar setup here at my home, and I've had no problems with setting up a share on Windows (XP, not Vista, but sharing is about the same) then using Finder (Go -> Connect to Server) to connect without much problem.

Specifically, what is not working for you, or what is your question? Your initial post is a little vague one where you are having the problem.