Sleep vs. Screen Saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am currently using my new MBP as a desktop replacement, hooked up to an external monitor. I use it in this capacity almost 100% of the time. The MBP is set to sleep at 15 minutes, with the screen saver set at 20 minutes - thus, the screen saver is moot and never kicks on. Do you think it is wise to keep having the MBP go to sleep and be woken up constantly (~12x) throughout the day? Or do you think it would be less wear and tear on the mac if I just let the screen saver kick on after 15 minutes, and let sleep occur much later on?

I guess my question boils down to - Does any wear and tear occur during the sleep/wake up? If so, I'll utilize my screen saver more, and forget about saving power. I'll let it sleep after an hour or so...

Many thanks...

Reaction score
well most comp these days dont use much power. u can always have the screen saver comp up first that have it sleep after 30min- 1 hour.

i dont know about sleep wearing down ur comp. i just have my comp turn off the monitor haver 30 min.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No wear and tear, just energy saving, wallet filling, tree hugging goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.