Make My Apple....

Reaction score
I'm wanting to buy a black macbook, and I want to know if its worth it! And I have no computer smarts what-so-ever!

Is 1 GB Ram enough to run the new OS? Or should I upgrade to 2GB? I just plan on doing school work, internet, itunes, and some photo stuff. I have a lot of pics and song though. Should I upgrade? I want my mac to be fast.

Is it smart to upgrade already, or just wait? I know you can go on some site and get 1 gb for like 50, but I couldn't install it myself. So labor would up the cost.

I just need advice! Anything would help lol :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Melbourne, Australia
I would just buy the ram from another online store as apple (although good) are sometimes pricey on things such as ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Apple's RAM is way overpriced.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb
You won't even need to upgrade, I only have 1gb and I use Photoshop all the time. For what you need 1gb is enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.
i have the cheapest white macbook, and i use a SLR, and edit huge files with photoshop.. the other day, i found out that my ram was being put into use.. so yes, i recomend at least a 2gb total upgrade.

mac_ram.png

the red and yellow is active being used amount of ram.. the blue is programs that WERE open, and have been closed.

anyways, at the time of snapshop, i had firefox, mail, ichat, and photoshop open. it was the actions in photoshop that really took up the ram..

also.. ram is super easy to change in macbook, they'res links all over the net, you just need 1 screwdriver, and about 30 seconds of time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.