software update problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Running software update, and Leopard Graphic update won't install. I get error message shown in attachment. Can't find anything in finder? Any clues?

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Vince have found best way to do updates is download only, run Repair Permissions, install from downloads folder, and run Repair Permissions again .

Have you tried removing from Trash to desktop, runner the Repair Permissions and give it another go.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
although the pop-up says the download has been sent to trash it is not in the trash bin. Doing a search in finder also shows no record of it. I am not sure what the repair permissions thing you are mentioning is. How do I do this? I have had no download problems with other updates.

Thanks for your input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Run Disk Utility found in the utilities folder or if using leopard hit command + space and in the spotlight window (top right) type disk ut....
By the time you get to ...k or u. you will see it highlighted.
Hit return to run it.
Select volume on left hand side and the double click on repair disk permissions on right hand side.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Or vince go to Utilities>Disk Utility>Highlight your Leopard OS disk and click Repair Permissions. Be patient is about a 20 minute operation .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.