Running Media Player on Mac OS X...

Reaction score
Okay, I want to DL and install Media Player (I've tried to like iTunes, but I just can't do it...) but whenever I try to install it I'm told that Quicktime cannot play the movie. The only option I'm given to open the installation is stufflt expander (default). How can I change this and what program SHOULD I be using to open it? Thanks for any help you people can give.

Jamie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Windows isn't supporting it for the Mac anymore. If you search around, you'll see Mac users are having similar problems that you're having. (Not being able to install or won't work, etc..) According to windows, they recommend Stuffit Expander...
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/flip4mac.mspx

OP
T
Reaction score
Mac OS X/Windows iTunes problem...

Alright, since I can't use MS Media Player on the Mac I'm going to have to bite the bullet and use iTunes. Here's the issue I'm having now;

I managed to retrieve my music library from the Windows partition (I have a dual boot WMac OS/Win iMac) and I have it saved on the Mac HD in a folder labeled "Music". How do I get it into the iTunes library or attach the folder to iTunes? I already went into Preferences/Advanced/General and made it the target folder but it's till not working. I'm dying without music here.

P.S. Thanks for your patience everyone. I'm trying my hardest to ween myself off of Windows forever but the learning curve is steep for someone born and raised on Windows and having only limited Mac OS experience.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just open iTunes and drag the folder with the music into it.

One thing you might want to do first though is open iTunes Preference and the Advanced Tab and uncheck "Copy Files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to Library" so iTunes will not make a copy of every file to it's own folders.

I attached a pic with that setting for you.

Picture 1.jpg

OP
T
Reaction score
Just open iTunes and drag the folder with the music into it.

One thing you might want to do first though is open iTunes Preference and the Advanced Tab and uncheck "Copy Files to iTunes Music Folder when adding to Library" so iTunes will not make a copy of every file to it's own folders.

I attached a pic with that setting for you.

Thank you for the time but for some reason that is not working. It only copied a few of the items in the music folder. I'm about to chuck this defenseless machine out the window. It think there was some kind of issue with the format of the folder or the file type.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What format are your music files in? MP3? MP4? Windows Media?

Reaction score
I'm guessing your music's in WMA fomat!? if so, change all to MP3 and this should solve your problems! ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.