Annoying garageband problem...what do I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0Ghz, 2nd gen iPod shuffle, 5th gen iPod nano
I have found that some of the loops and software instruments are greyed out and when I click on them it comes up with the choices of either downloading via software update, or install via the dvd included with my macbook.

Now, the software update options do not work, they say there's no updates. The dvd option works, and I insert the disc, with it come up with the start of the installer.

This is where it goes wrong, as a window will then appear telling me that the installation requires me to have a garageband version of 4.0 or later. My version is GarageBand '08 4.1.1.

So I can't get any more loops or the software instruments I really would like to play with. What can I do about this? Is there anyone else who has, or has had this problem?

EDIT: No matter. After some more searching through apple.com spport pages there was the answer to my problem. All my loops/instruments are available now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.