New here just bought MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum, also just bought a macbook pro three days ago. My first question is, i put all my photos from my old pc on to disc. i want
to put them on to my mac.

I put the disc in, it shows all my files,i can see all my photos,but as soon as
i take the disc out they disappear.

How do i load them on to the mac.

Second question is it gets very hot, is this normal ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
First of all, welcome, and I hope you'll enjoy your new mac!

1) just drag the photos to wherever you want them to be
2)Yes, I have a Mbp and it gets very hot, as far as I know they all do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi everyone, i am new to this forum, also just bought a macbook pro three days ago. My first question is, i put all my photos from my old pc on to disc. i want
to put them on to my mac.

I put the disc in, it shows all my files,i can see all my photos,but as soon as
i take the disc out they disappear.

How do i load them on to the mac.

When you put the disk in, it mounts on your desktop and you can see the photos contained within. They are still on the disk, but you can see them. To keep them on your MBP, you have to copy them over from the disk to the MBP. To do this, with the disk already mounted and the pictures visible, click the Finder icon on your Dock (the blue Mac smiley face one). This will open a Finder window on your home directory. Double click the Pictures folder in your home directory to open it. This is where you should save off pictures of course.

Now, do the usual drag-n-drop routine to copy the files from the disk to your Pictures folder. If you have any volume of pictures, you will see a copy progress window while this takes place. When done, you can safely eject the disk and the pictures are now happily (and permanently) on your MBP.

OP
W
Reaction score
Eliehass and Mac 57. Thank you for your help. All new experience after using
PC'S i am really enjoying it though, whole new world.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.