• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Watch Apple Macs (old ones) being manufactured - YOUTUBE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHz 2GB RAM 120 GB HD 15" NVidia 8800MGT 128MB - iPhone 3G
I want to see how my MacBook Pro was built.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
I want to see how my MacBook Pro was built.

The same way mine was, my grandmother's was, my friend's was, and every other one I've encountered has been; poorly, and with way too much thermal compound. :Grimmace:

:D :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
A newer version of this video with iMac's MBP's an even iPhones would be SWEET!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Chinese kids in a giant factory :D

Just kidding..

Reaction score
Wait just a cotton-picking minute! Are you trying to tell me they are NOT made in heaven??!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I meant these days.

Foxconn's factories had some concerns a couple of yrs ago, Apple did a probe in to it. They hired a monitoring service/improvement service of sorts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
I doubt you'd see one now; they probably have issues with sweatshop labour, but I don't actually know.

How do you know they were Chinese?...
"designed by apple in california
manufactured in china"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
LMAO at the long-haired dude in the pink t-shirt and camo pants. He's on the part 1 vid in the first couple minutes.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
A lot of Mac's ship from China. Asus of Taiwan manufactures a lot of the motherboard for apple. Back at the beginning it was all assembled here in the USA as that video shows, but times have changed. It's not just Apple either. So it would be hard to do a video of a current Mac being assembled.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.