iMac turned off on it's own:O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
oh my gosh, my iMac just turned OFF all by itself, no warning.:eek: :eek:
What does this mean

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
LOL Windows is no where near it hehe

Seriously though, why would a new iMac turn itself off. Reminds me of what a virus does in windows.

Reaction score
Idk, maybe software update ran and it had to restart or somethin? maybe you ran out of ram... maybe you accidentally hit ctrl-apple-eject?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Gigabit 400 Single. 40GB , 1.25GB RAM. OS 10.4.11 Tiger
Move closer to a window, the sunlight is good for the soul, and warms the body.
LOL.
Thermal shut down maybe? Accidental push of a key assigned to a shutdown/sleep function?
I'm a mac noob, why am I even posting?
Nevermind me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Gigabit 400 Single. 40GB , 1.25GB RAM. OS 10.4.11 Tiger
"Accidental" control-apple-eject is even funny to a noob like me.
So I had to look at where those three are in relation to each other but still.........
A quick shot of Lysol on windows claims to kill viruses. Doorknobs, and countertops too. Good stuff.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
An Mac OS Update ran last night but it didn't ask to reboot. I then turned the iMac off for the night.

humm well it hasn't turned off again so maybe it's a good thing. lol I don't think I hit control apple eject, I haven't even done that before. New to Mac here so still learning.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Aluminum), MacBook (Core Duo), iPod (Classic), 16GB iPhone 3G
I had this happen to me twice in an hour and the first thing I tried was the PRAM/NVRAM reset, this fixed the problem.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh how do you do the reset?

I had this happen to me twice in an hour and the first thing I tried was the PRAM/NVRAM reset, this fixed the problem.

OP
KiwiJenn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.