• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

ugh verizon??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
anyone else in the north texas area having problems with verizon? i can't call or get calls, and im pretty sure texting is down too. i can't tell if its just the tower im on or what... anyone?

Reaction score
Happened to me once with AT&T. It was just a tower. It was about 5 days before it was fixed. Service was horrid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i would drive a few miles and see if you get service then.. then is a tower problem...

here in new jersey though its working just fine so its either a tower problem or a local network issue.

Reaction score
Try going with AT&T and you'll see what bad reception means. I will get the iphone when Verizon carries it. Used to be with ATT/Cingular and now am glad to be with Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 17", 2g ram, 160 g, final cut express
Try going with AT&T and you'll see what bad reception means. I will get the iphone when Verizon carries it. Used to be with ATT/Cingular and now am glad to be with Verizon.

yea my parents have att and everytime i call its static and cant hear them. thank god everyone i basically know is on verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I've got a Verizon Pay-as-you-go phone for emergencies.

I use T-Mobile from day to day, but there are some places I just can't get signal, like when I go hiking and camping, but Verizon gets service EVERYWHERE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
i live in denton and havent noticed any problems with verizon's service. the only problem i have is with my stupid phone freezing all the time!

Reaction score

That depends on your area. I live around Houston,Tx and haven't had a single problem. I can only remember one time when AT&T's phone were down and that was over three years ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
That depends on your area. I live around Houston,Tx and haven't had a single problem. I can only remember one time when AT&T's phone were down and that was over three years ago.

Agreed :)

ATT is bad some places and other places it's the best. Same with all the other networks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.