Digital Photo Frame -'Black Pictures'

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've Just got a digital photo frame from tesco its a technika DPF-D7.
When i transfer my photos from my mac to the SD card the frame shows a picture then a blank picture. I know it should play photo after photo straight away as another memory card with photos on it worked fine. Any one have any idea where these 'Black pictures' come from? Could there be hidden files on the card..if so ..how do I find them? Cheers!

Reaction score
I would open it up using your mac and look for maybe raw or tiff or gif files that your frame may not recognize

or if you think there may be hidden files transfer all the pictures you want to save on to your computer and format your memory card using your camera then put the pictures back on.

let me know if that doesnt do the trick

OP
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply...All the photos are JPG. I have tried saving all the pics in a new folder on my computer, then formatting the memory card using the camera, putting them back on card and still have the annoying 'black pictures'!
Are there likely to be files in the folder that I can't see?
Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
They may be thumbnails! my camera has the full resolution pictures and then the thumbnails too.

OP
Reaction score
Would the thumbnails automatically be stored on the memory card when I transfer them via my Mac? Do you know of a way to see 'hidden' files that might be on card, but do not show up on folder of computer?
Thanks for your help.:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac intel 20"
Black pictures/Hidden files

Hi all,
I am having the same issues. Here's what I have found out.

For some reason, a duplicate file is copied to the SD card, but its filename starts with a .

This seems to confuse the photo frame, which just stops. It can't read the second file. If you are able to view all the filenames on your frame, you may see all the second files slightly indented, as they read .filename

These second files don't show up on the Mac, even if you search for 'Hidden Files'. However, put your card into a PC, and it sees them immediately, and then allows you to delete them. (Maybe PC's have a use after all!) Put the card back into the Photo Frame, and it works.

So now, I need to find a way of seeing and deleting the hidden files on the Mac.

I am not sure why the photo frames seem sensitive to this. I tried running a card full of pictures in the Wii, worked a treat. No problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.