iPhoto & .Mac Web Gallery

Reaction score
when I go to my .Mac account and login, I have showing under the title of "Web Gallery" some libraries that I wish to delete....how do I delete these? I have been back to my Web Gallery folder in iPhoto and checked that these unwanted libraries are not there. Even if I delete all the folders from the Web Gallery in iPhoto, the unwanted libraries are still listed under "Web Gallery" in .Mac.
Also can someone explain the difference between "Web gallery" and "My Pages" in .Mac......thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Are you still able to view the photos in these web galleries as well? If so, something must not be in sync with iPhoto and .mac. Typically, when I've deleted a web gallery in iPhoto, it sync that change to the .mac web gallery and removes it there.

Web gallery refers to the web gallery and My Pages refers to html pages created either on .mac or iweb.

OP
L
Reaction score
Are you still able to view the photos in these web galleries as well? If so, something must not be in sync with iPhoto and .mac. Typically, when I've deleted a web gallery in iPhoto, it sync that change to the .mac web gallery and removes it there.

Web gallery refers to the web gallery and My Pages refers to html pages created either on .mac or iweb.

Hi..tks for the reply...no I cannot view the "undesired" photos in the Web Gallery, although the album still shows. They still exist in iPhoto but not in the Web Gallery folder. Obviously the sync is not working as it should....

Panic over..problem solved!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
For future reference, what was the solution?

OP
L
Reaction score
For future reference, what was the solution?

Simple really...when you know where to look!!
All albums published to your Web Gallery on .Mac SHOULD be in the Web Gallery folder in iPhoto. Mine for some reason were not and old deleted albums were still being shown in the .Mac Gallery, some viewable, some not. So some sort of sync issue I guess.....
Anyway problem resolved in iPhoto by going to Preferences/Web Gallery and "unpublishing" the unwanted albums from there. It seemed to take a while to take effect but finally worked.

Thanks again....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.