Leopard to Tiger?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
N/A
Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie here and am looking for some advice/help on a macbook pro I ordered recently. Heres my situation, I'm getting pro tools 7 which only runs on v10.4 tiger and the laptop I ordered comes with leopard. The sales person I did business with (from Apple) told me to buy v10.4 tiger the Universal Binary edition to run over leopard in order to make the pro tools work. I am researching this software and it appears that there is no such thing as a " Universal Binary v10.4 tiger". I ordered this laptop w/ upgrades and I think I can't return it for a refund. Can someone please share some insight on this matter?
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Hi and welcome.

Pro Tools 7.4 is Leopard compatible, at least X.5.1 compatible.

No doubt they will have an X.5.2 version out very shortly. Recommend staying with Leopard and waiting for Digitools update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
You are correct, there is no publicly available universal OS 10.4 version. Your only chance is to convince Apple to send you the 10.4 disks for you system. If they even exist, or for a friend to burn you a copy.

If harryb2448 is correct you should be fine with Leopard, unless of course some ad-on is not compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.