Pgp

Reaction score
i had downloaded pgp as a trial...but later on i deleted it because it was really helpful...now whenever i sign on ichat, there is a pgp secuirty box that comes up saying connection establised or connection disabled whenever i sign in or sign out...i want to completly remove this application

any ideas???

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, i don't use it on my mac, but i do use it on my work laptop running xp pro.

pgp does have settings for mail and aim clients. i'd guess that it had an uninstall program you should have used rather than just delete the app - especially for an app that has to be that embedded in your system.

maybe try reinstalling and checking for an uninstaller. if that doesn't work or that option doesn't exist for you, either try an uninstaller like "appzapper" or do a search for all files on your system with pgp in the name.
if they look like they belong to pgp, move them to a folder somewhere, and ideally note down the path you moved them from so you can put them back if you experience problems. keep those files for some time - if you experience no issues for a few weeks at least and through a restart or two, you should be ok to delete them.

OP
Y
Reaction score
also my status on aim is always pgp enabled....i deleted 2 folder called pgp when i searched it in finder because there is nothing inside of those folders...i have just gotten my mac so im new with apple....

and i have recently downloaded aperture and im not sure as to how to use it....any idea??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.