Audio Interface and Leopard Compatibility

Reaction score
I recently bought the TASCAM US-144 believing that it would be compatible with my macbook which runs Mac OSX 10.5.2. I brought it home, excited to be able to record decent audio instead of with the internal mic. but lo and behold, nothing seemed to worked. Long story short, the interface isn't compatible even though it is listed as Leopard compatible. It's a great looking piece of hardware and I was really enthused about using it with Logic Pro but I guess i'll just save it to use on my windows partition and wait for a new driver. In the meantime, I would like to know which Audio/Midi interfaces are 100% compatible with Leopard and Logic Pro 8/Garage Band and under $300. _DTA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - 1.83 Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 200GB 7200RPM HDD
I find it very peculiar that the US-144 doesn't work under Leopard, since my US-122 is working absolutely fine! (The US-144 more or less exactly the same and is the replacement to the US-122). I use it without any issues using Logic Pro 8.

As I vouch that mine works fine I'd say a US-122 may be a good idea, but they don't make them any more. Maybe a used one off eBay?

Good luck getting your rig going!

OP
A
Reaction score
I find it very peculiar that the US-144 doesn't work under Leopard, since my US-122 is working absolutely fine! (The US-144 more or less exactly the same and is the replacement to the US-122). I use it without any issues using Logic Pro 8.

As I vouch that mine works fine I'd say a US-122 may be a good idea, but they don't make them any more. Maybe a used one off eBay?

Good luck getting your rig going!

Thanks for your input rgparker. My whole situation has been remedied since i returned the TASCAM and exchanged for a little pricier but well-worth Presonus Firebox. Everything's working great. Cheers. _DTA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 2.4 Intel Core II Duo, 4mbRAM, Leopard 10.5.2
In case anyone else finds themselves here because of the same problem (as I did) just found the European release of the drivers at the Tascam Euro site...

http://tascam.de/en/index.html

Reaction score
Presonus or other interfacewith IMac & Leopard 10.5.2?

Hi all,
I'm really agonizing over which 8 channel interface will work with my new iMac. I'm a bit green on this side, although I have some stand alone gera experience with Fostex 16ch.

Can anyone tell what is working with their iMac & that OS? Presonus Firepod or Firestudio? MOTU 828? Edirol FA-101? These are the ones I have pared it down to at this point, but am not finding much supporting info on which one might actually WORK!

Great forum.
Thanks
Magic97527

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.