• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Eula ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What is this EULA (EndUser License Agreement) that mod talked about in my thread where I'm going to install Mac over Ubuntu ?

OP
µDp
Reaction score
I have to buy Apple puter ? What is Mac on Intel hardware then ?

M

MacHeadCase

It's to be installed on an Apple Macintosh, not a third-party computer.

I don't want this to turn into a debate. The EULA says what the EULA says. And that's what this forum goes with.

Forum rules.

OP
µDp
Reaction score
Eula ? Not done yet

Where you find that line which forbits installation of OS X onto other system than Macintosh ?

M

MacHeadCase

Did you see the Apple link I provided in that other thread of yours? Read the pdf files hosted there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Here is a link to Apple's Legal page, which has the EULAs to all of its products. The information you are looking for is easily found in each document.

Apple - Legal

M

MacHeadCase

Kash, I posted that very same link in his other thread. Betcha he didn't bother to link there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
True. Here, let me paste the actual line from the OS X EULA he's looking for so that he doesn't create another thread because he's too stubborn to find it himself:

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. Single Use. This License allows you to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. You agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-labeled computer, or to enable others to do so. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time.

M

MacHeadCase

Now that that is clear, we are done with this topic. :)

*Merged both threads*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.