screen not swiveling

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
when I'm using safari I noticed just now that when I swivel my iphone long ways the screen doesn't flip around . Does anyone know if there is some kind of setting to control this? Or do I have a problem with the phone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
If it doesn't flip when you turn your screen you need to take it in to the apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Are you trying to change the orientation while the keyboard is on the screen?

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
No.... it won't swivel at all..... I'm gonna list it on Ebay tonight and buy the 16GB
I can't turn it in for warranty service because it is unlocked and jailbroken.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know you could always lock it back up and get rid of the jailbreak. That's what I planned on doing if I ever needed warranty service done.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how do you do that mine is done with TurboSim ? i have been told Jailbreaking is ok. it's the unlocking they don't like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's actually the other way around. It's difficult to tell right away whether an iPhone is unlocked, but it's usually obvious that a phone has been jailbroken, namely by installer.app and all those third party apps being on the screen.

To get rid of the jailbreak, you just need to restore it to whatever firmware your phone is currently on. To get rid of the unlock, you have to "virginize" it. I can't give you details as all this talk of unlocking and jailbreaking is against forum rules to discuss, but you can easily find information by doing a Google search.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Just a silly question - you are holding it upright when you try this aren't you? If you lay it flat on a desk and turn it, the swivel doesn't kick in. I know that this must sound really obvious, but I have to ask.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
No.... it won't swivel at all..... I'm gonna list it on Ebay tonight and buy the 16GB
I can't turn it in for warranty service because it is unlocked and jailbroken.

I certainly hope that you are going to mention that the swivel doesn't work. If not, listing it on eBay is more than just a little unethical.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just a silly question - you are holding it upright when you try this aren't you? If you lay it flat on a desk and turn it, the swivel doesn't kick in. I know that this must sound really obvious, but I have to ask.

Oh yea, forgot about this. If it's laying on a desk and you change direction, it won't change orientation. You have to make sure the bottom or side is physically facing the ground for it to change orientation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
That's the first thing that popped into my head, only because I've tried rotating many times with it not working, forgetting that it has to be more perpendicular to the ground for that to work.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course i will mention the swivel problem when i sell it on Ebay i don't know why you think i would?
I called Apple again the Tech support guy said they have been having problems with the screens not swiveling.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.