Now I've gone Mac I'd never go back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch macbook pro, 2.6ghz chip, 4gb ram
hey guys I'm new to the forum, just got myself a lovely macbook pro 2.6ghz dual core, 4gb of ram, for work and personal use, (I do photo and graphic stuff in work) absolutely love it so far.
It's stupidly fast, has a beautiful logical interface, and is just a joy to use.
Now when I use windows machines at work for other things I get frustrated by how much less intuitive it feels compared to the mac os. I think my only complaints so far would be it does seem to get a bit hot which concerns me a little bit, also for some reason I keep having loads of problems running messenger for mac that I downloaded from the microsoft website.
Firewire 800 is new to me on a laptop also, it is the coolest thing ever for downloading from compact flash cards, add in sandisk extreme IV cards and reader and the speed is just ridiculous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
No chance of me going back either... specially after having to put up with Win Server 2003 on a thin client server every day.... ugh!!!! Reminds me of the old Muppet Show segment...

PIIIIIIIIGGGGGS IN SPACE!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
No chance of me going back either... specially after having to put up with Win Server 2003 on a thin client server every day.... ugh!!!! Reminds me of the old Muppet Show segment...

PIIIIIIIIGGGGGS IN SPACE!!!!!!!

thin client - absolutely horrible

glad to see you love your mac -welcome aboard :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
This is torture! I want to pound my head into a wall! I still have about 2 weeks before I migrate out of this Vista machine to my new MacBook.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 inch macbook pro, 2.6ghz chip, 4gb ram
so true vista is like 100 times worse than xp, it eats ram for breakfast lunch and dinner and all the pop ups drive me insane, luckily I put up with it no more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
so true vista is like 100 times worse than xp, it eats ram for breakfast lunch and dinner and all the pop ups drive me insane, luckily I put up with it no more.
If it is delivered within one week of ordering, I will be on my MacBook (and away from Vista) on or about Feb. 29. I can't wait!

Reaction score

Listen, My next computer WILL be a macbook pro because I need a laptop for school. BUT, I love vista. I have to work with vista at work sometimes and my only complaints are compatibility issues, which, a lot of them should be getting straightened out with SP1 coming out this week. Vista rapes XP in the Cornhole. Vista is faster, looks better, and performs better than XP. Sure there are lots of problems with it, but Xp has had 6 or 7 years to iron out the problems. Give it some time and most issues will go away.

BUT...Its still windows and I hate my Windows computer at home. Mac is still so much better than windows but to say Vista is terrible just isnt true. Most of the problem lies in the Users not knowing how to use a FKN computer. Im not trying to attack you personally so please dont take offence.

With that said, I've been salivating at the mouth to get a macbook pro. Im either going to get it through the online apple store or Macmall.com. I plan on getting it with vista so I can do some gaming on it. It just sucks Im a broke college student. It will be a while till I have the money to get a MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Business will always be using Microsoft something, whether that be Vista, XP, or whatever.

This is why you get a Mac for your 'personal computer', which is your refuge from the hassles of Windows. Working is a hassle, therefore the operating system of the working peoples will be a hassle.

Besides, these days if you need to be hassled at home for work issues, you can boot up your XP virtual machine to take care of that hassle, then shut it down to go back to that hassle-free computing experience.

I, too, will not be going back, dang the expense, full Steve ahead!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I support hundreds of Windows machines each day at work so the time on my MBP is VERY much enjoyed. We're still on XP and likely won't go to Vista until MS EOL's XP. I had to put together a Vista machine for some testing purposes this week. Let me say, thank goodness for Leopard!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.