Power Mac G4 mdd audio input works like crap

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
I was just wondering if the powermac g4's had any kind of audio input quirks. I have a mic that I was trying to use to record some stuff, but the computer will only pick up sound when i hold the mic a certain way. I guess i was just wondering if this is just a g4 quirk and if there is a remedy for the problem. oh yeah its not a usb mic, it's just one of those mini jack things if ya know what i mean. Let me know. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
yeah, i didnt understand that my machine didnt have a line-in when i bought it. (learned later that you had to use USB audio). but im really glad that i bought my sound card. its very versatile and gets a really clean 24 bit signal. paired with a decent little mixer and ive got a nice little home studio that can produce "bigger studio" quality recordings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.