• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My Dream Den

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I just threw this idea at my wife and she informed me that I'm reaching a whole new, unexplored level of 'geekdom'.

My idea was, when the kids are grown and moved out, to convert one of the bedrooms to my dream den. The typical dark stained desk and shelving isn't my style. I like a more modern style. Now where I 'crossed the line into super geekdom' was when i suggested one of the white walls have a LARGE Apple logo painted on it! I think that would be really cool but, as you read, my better half isn't as enthusiastic as I'd hoped she be!

What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
I personally think that would be amazing. That sounds like something I'd do to my bedroom (and probably will) once I get my apartment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
that sounds awesome!!!!!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you are a true geek, then you would not see the walls because of all of your stuff. ;)

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
there are potential degrees of geekiness here. Would the apple be black, red, silver...or retro? Retro, baby! Yeah!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro , 15 inch / Mac Pro w/ 30 inch HD Cinema Display
i entered new geekdom by my buddies when i told them this

you know how on cribs , the mtv show , the rappers always have a tv playing scarface 24 hours a day or whatever to be cool . i want to have a tv that just plays the original star wars trilogy over and over again in my "crib" lol

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
there are potential degrees of geekiness here. Would the apple be black, red, silver...or retro? Retro, baby! Yeah!
I have thought about this and thought it would be cool to paint a different one on each wall! But I guess that really does sound geeky.

I'd probably go for the retro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
How bout Apple logos wallpapered on the ceiling. This way you'd wake up looking Apple and its wonder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
No... If you are a true geek and have unlimited money, you will make your wall into a genius bar with 30" displays hooked up to powermacs (mac pros). Then you will lower the genius bar to seating level and that will be your desk. Then you can have the 30" broadcasting whatever you want all day!

And you can have the thick translucent plastic or glass with the grey haze that apple uses for all of their stores an you can put your apple logo in that.

Also you will have to get a white leather chair or something ridiculous to top it all off. (blue tooth wireless stuff everywhere!)

Now that would be cool... Command center baby! :Cool:

Reaction score
I think the apple logo needs to definitely light up. All the lights in the room should be computer controlled and there should be a secret room behind a bookshelf when you pull a book out.

OP
JohnTheMacGeek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Command center baby!
Well, money is limited but I really like the sound of "Command Center" over "Den"! As I'm walking past my wife, saying "Honey, I'll be in the Command Center!" WOW, I like the sound of that!
:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.