• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

New Sony Headphones!!

G

Gamer

The pair I am talking about is the new Sony MDR-D22SL "Eggo" Headphones.

http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=42{1}5&osCsid=87c5f493263997238acef46f4b9ad24a

The are only avalible in Asia, above is a site that ships world wide, and lots of good reviews.

-Question if any you know how long the cord is because I want to buy this pair of headphones to, but if the cord is to long I won't. So how long is the cord?

OP
M

m1k

If you really want good sound, go with a pair of Sennheisers. I have a pair of Sennheiser 570s, which are about $140 US, but if you're looking in the $50 range, Sennheiser makes some great stuff in that price range as well.

Seriously, Sony has nothing on Sennheiser. Try out a pair at an audio shop and you'll see what I mean. My pair of Sennheisers are better than most professional-grade studio monitors, they're absolutely amazing.

Here's the site: http://www.sennheiser.us/ . I suggest a pairof HD 497's. There about $15 up from what you're looking at, but it'll be worth it as you'll notice a HUGE difference.

Good luck!

OP
G

Gamer

m1k said:
If you really want good sound, go with a pair of Sennheisers. I have a pair of Sennheiser 570s, which are about $140 US, but if you're looking in the $50 range, Sennheiser makes some great stuff in that price range as well.

Seriously, Sony has nothing on Sennheiser. Try out a pair at an audio shop and you'll see what I mean. My pair of Sennheisers are better than most professional-grade studio monitors, they're absolutely amazing.

Here's the site: http://www.sennheiser.us/ . I suggest a pairof HD 497's. There about $15 up from what you're looking at, but it'll be worth it as you'll notice a HUGE difference.

Good luck!
No, these are really the best and there is a huge push on Sony to bring them to north america you will love them

OP
M

m1k

Umm, no, they aren't. No $50 pair of Sonys beats my $140 studio monitors, sorry. Check the reviews, pretty much all Sennheisers consistently get perfect ratings. They're known as the top headphone company, because they make really good products.

I seriously advise comparing them either in internet reviews or in person, I guarantee you'll notice a huge difference.

The impedence on those things is only 24ohms. With most Sennheiser models, even the little in-your-ear earbuds, the impedence is at least 32ohms, on mine I think it's 64. So you'll notice a huge difference.

Plus, those are closed-design headphones. It means nobody but you can really hear them, but it also means that you'll get not-great sound quality, whereas with the Sennheisers they're open, meaning people around you can hear them, but you also get MUCH better sound reproduction.

I know you really want the eggos from Asia, but I'm telling you, the Sennheisers are MUCH better. Seriously.

Good luck!

OP
N

nicholas

I agree with m1k here. With most Sony electronic products, it's mostly the name that carries them, not the quality. Until you reach their ES line, that is. And even then, you must be discerning in your selection. And just for the record, I am not biased against Sony. I own 2 discmans, 2 walkmans, 1 MD walkman, 1 high-definition TV tuner, a 51-inch HDTV, a 400 disc ES mega changer, 1 set of professional studio monitor headphones, 5 speakers for the sister, and a DVD player for the brother. So yes, I do like some of their products.

Now in terms of their headphones, I have tried and owned several different pairs in the past. In my opinion, if you're going with Sony you have to step up to the plate with at the very least, their professional studio monitor headphones, where the price of entry starts at around $150.

I've also listened to several Sennheiser products, like their HD280 or the HD650, which, granted, cost $250 and $500 respectively, but Sennheiser is KING.

All in all, a $50 pair of Sony's is $10 worth of parts, and $40 worth of name. BUT...who knows? Everyone's ears are different, and maybe yours are the budding ears of a true audiophile, or maybe everything sounds the same.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.