Apple techs damaged my new 24" iMac!

Reaction score
About a month ago I decided to take the plunge...got rid of my trusty old PC and replaced it with a new iMac.

A week ago my new iMac's power supply died. So after driving to two different apple stores (one didn't have parts) and standing in line for an hour at each I was told the repair would be complete in 3-5 days. Cool, thanks for having me wait in line just to drop the system off.

I got the system back today and stuck between the lcd and the outer glass was this metal object:

apple.jpg

This object scratched up the glass cover and the lcd behind it. The top of the casing is also scratched up from when the techs either moved the system around or laid it down. Unfortunately Apple the customer relations office is closed until Monday.

Maybe Apple will replace the system but they can't make up for the many hours I've wasted dealing with this and related headaches from my 'NEW' iMac.

Be cautious when taking your computers in for repair, obviously some apple geniuses(laugh) are not very thorough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
My apologies for this treatment, this is very uncommon... I suggest you demand 1 thousand cookies from whoever screwed you iMac up or you get them fired! Lol

Reaction score
Always so many complaints about genius bar. If your mac dies, can you take it to an independent Apple dealer for repair?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
So you took it out? If you did, I would put it back in. If you took it out as proof, there really isn't any anymore. They could simply state that you damaged it when you opened the case and not pay to replace a thing, if you understand where I am coming from. Was it returned in a box? If not, you could have/ should have inspected it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Yeah, you should have left it in its original condition to show them.

In fact, you should probably power any repaired Mac up in the store before you haul it home...just in case.

OP
N
Reaction score
when i took it out of the box and set it on the table, it fell out and the glass went back in to place. Judging by the scratches under the glass it seems to have been jammed somewhere around the rim and traveled around during transportation. o well.. stuff happens, im sure it was an accident that it got left in there im just bummed that they also nicked up the top of the case.

M

MacHeadCase

If it was assembled correctly, no way would there be space to let pieces fall out. Take it back to get it looked at, properly assembled and ask for the glass and scratched parts to be changed as well. This is shabby workmanship and is unacceptable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 Dual USB 600MHz
My apologies for this treatment, this is very uncommon... I suggest you demand 1 thousand cookies from whoever screwed you iMac up or you get them fired! Lol

Not really all of my friends went to fix it and their Macs got damaged it like they have to do that before they give it back to you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.