Mac Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3 Grape: 400 MHz PowerPC G3, 320 MB SDRAM (Upgrading to 768 soon), 10GB HD (Bout 1GB free)!
I upgraded my RAM to 768MB but I'm still having some problems that I've had before. I'll edit my Mac Specs in my profile later.

Speed is improved though - I can run Adium better than before but I'm sticking with MSN for Mac because of it's.. greatness.

Here's the problems:

1. Typing - On all browsers pretty much, typing a link is kinda laggy with my typing speed. I type something and it takes a while for it to display where I'm currently typing. Right now on safari 1.3, which is what I'm on, it's kinda laggy but it's more responsive.

2. Flash - All browsers have a problem with flash. Camino, Safari 1.3 and Firefox all have a problem.. Flash doesn't play smoothly and lags my computer like crazy (edit: can't say that harmless 'h' word now lul). The main page in YouTube even lags things up. I'm lucky there's no flash ads on this site but almost every site I go to have flash ads or uses flash so I'm going to need this working if I wanna stick on this Mac..

Running OSX Panther
400MHz G3
768MB RAM
10 GB Hard Drive - 3 Movies can fit on this. This is a lot better than that quiet 50GB on my broken laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
You got the RAM upgrade already? I thought you said it would be awhile.
I have the same issues with a similar spec'd Dell desktop (400MHz, 4??MB RAM, XP.) It just an old machine that isn't going to play smoothly with todays loads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
A 400 mhz processor will never be great, but you have a decent amount of ram there

How much space do you have left on that hard drive

if it is full up pretty much, then the system will struggle to have enough room to use virtual memory

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
To operate anywhere near adequately you need at least 20% spare HDD space. Look for an 80/120GB HDD and you will notice an improvement. Surprised you do not have even greater problems at this stage with 90% full.

If you are using OS X, your post does not say, additional RAM would be a big help. For mouse problems under OS X go to System Preferences>Keyboard &Mouse>Mouse and check the speeds the default has been set for and try to make settings faster.

OP
UnsafeData
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3 Grape: 400 MHz PowerPC G3, 320 MB SDRAM (Upgrading to 768 soon), 10GB HD (Bout 1GB free)!
I just recently discovered the multi-quote feature.. Always thought people've been doing it manualls.

A 400 mhz processor will never be great, but you have a decent amount of ram there

How much space do you have left on that hard drive

if it is full up pretty much, then the system will struggle to have enough room to use virtual memory

i dont think i know what virtual memory is much since.. i know that it's when you use up your current memory your hard drive uses some available space as virtual memory.. but i have 1gb hard drive space yet and i'm only using 518mb of memory atm.

You got the RAM upgrade already? I thought you said it would be awhile.
Guess it came in the mail sooner than I thought, yay.

I used to have an HP 6535 which I wish I can find on eBay now.. It had around a 400MHz Processor.. 8.5GB hard drive and.. 192MB of RAM and it ran Windows 98. I never heard of YouTube when I used it but I watched flash videos from many sites and it ran perfectly fine. I used it for so many years since I was little, bet it got stolen. ;)

To operate anywhere near adequately you need at least 20% spare HDD space. Look for an 80/120GB HDD and you will notice an improvement. Surprised you do not have even greater problems at this stage with 90% full.

If you are using OS X, your post does not say, additional RAM would be a big help. For mouse problems under OS X go to System Preferences>Keyboard &Mouse>Mouse and check the speeds the default has been set for and try to make settings faster.

Hm. Well..

I don't know how to put a spare in this thing and I can't replace the one I have now because I didn't get the Panther discs, the people I got it from were too stupid to give them to me.

I am running OSX. Also my keyboard types fine on MSN and now it's typing pretty great at the moment miraculously.. Dunno how.

OP
UnsafeData
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Woot - I'm putting a title here out of boredom

And if I do get a hard drive - do I have to get a Mac one or can I get just any kind that uses whatever connection this mac uses..?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
I'm pretty sure you can get any HDD as long as it is compatible with your comp connections.

OP
UnsafeData
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm pretty sure you can get any HDD as long as it is compatible with your comp connections.

Okay I'mma try it with my 180GB from my old computer that I broke.. (the things I do when I'm at at Vista) :p

There's youtube videos that i'mma just check out for help.

but is there like.. a connection for a slave drive or what? since i dont have any osx discs...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.