64bit XP Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I need to install XP Pro 64bit on my MacBook Pro so my new Lacie hard drive can have the Nt filesystem, and still be read by XP with the boot map scheme it has. Would there be any way that Bootcamp would install this version of XP, since in its settings, it asks for a 32 bit version?

Reaction score
that is odd since the Intel chips Apple uses are 64-bit (Leopard supports 64-bit technology...), but i would just get the 32-bit version, besides, there are many applications that are not supported on 64-bit platforms for XP, you'd be better off with 32

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.8Ghz 4GB LEOPARD
that is odd since the Intel chips Apple uses are 64-bit (Leopard supports 64-bit technology...), but i would just get the 32-bit version, besides, there are many applications that are not supported on 64-bit platforms for XP, you'd be better off with 32

Not sure if you are answering the original question or not. My take on the original question is whether or not Bootcamp will support XP X64. Yes it will work but Apple has not to my knowledge released 64 bit drivers yet. Some things like the sound may not work. As for programs not working or supported in 64 bit mode they will still run in 32 bit mode called "Compatibility Mode" in x64.

Unless you have a program that demands 64 bit mode I would stick with 32 bit XP. You can still use the NT File System with the 32 bit version of XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
If the only reason you are installing XP is to access NTFS, then don't. Instead, spend the money on Paragon software's NTFS utility, which has proven to be very successful in other threads on this forum. It's cheaper, offers way less hassle, and you won't waste your Mac on XP ;-)

That being said, I use XPx64 with VMWare Fusion, and it does rock pretty well ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.