Backing Up My iPod

Reaction score
just wondering if it is possible to back up my 30g ipod to an external drive?

NONE of my music is in my itunes library; it's all on my ipod.

i came across a few articles that showed how to transfer your itunes library, but again, everything is on my ipod and not in itunes.

can this be done? any ideas?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Yes it can be done.

Search this forum and you will find the name of a piece of software to transfer songs off the ipod back to the computer. Sorry but i cant remember the name of the software.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Aye Senuti, thats the one i was referring to but couldnt remember the name of.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
PodManager works really well, plus its free. not sure if it works with leopard or not.

http://podmanager.brunoblondeau.com/

takes a while for it go thru your entire ipod library but once its done, you can "select all" or "select artist" and save to your HDD or any other drive on your network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz MBP 2gb ram, 200gb 7200rmp hd, 512mb 8600gt
cant you just select all and backup library to disk.

Reaction score
It isn't even necessary to download programs to transfer the music. Make hidden folders / files visible, and under ipod_control in the ipod directory you will find your music. they are in folders..i.e. F00, F01, and so forth. Select all the songs (not folders) and drag into itunes, or the designated place to move them to.

Reaction score
It isn't even necessary to download programs to transfer the music. Make hidden folders / files visible, and under ipod_control in the ipod directory you will find your music. they are in folders..i.e. F00, F01, and so forth. Select all the songs (not folders) and drag into itunes, or the designated place to move them to.

i am pretty sure you are talking about on a windows machine? you can't do that with OS X

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.