iMac'd...the way life was meant to be!

Reaction score
Well I did it, despite some really silly apprehensions, I went out today and got my iMac. Well, sort of, the 24 inch 2.4 was not available. :Angry: But I learned that the 2.8 was in, and the sales guy felt bad for my luck and gave me 4 free classes at the Apple Learning Centre. Which are $75 to $125 a piece.

Anyhow, I must say this was the easiest computer I have ever setup and used. I have built PC's from the ground up for 10 years, and this is the easiest, fastest, and by far the most intuitive desktop I have ever owned. The fact that all 3 of my other PC's were found on the network was a delight, especially since the first thing I wanted to do was transfer my music/files over from the PC to the iMac and my external hard drive died that I had copied the PC files over to.

Anyhow, this is a one very satisfied customer....so far..but I do not anticipate any issues from the experience I have had so far.

The keyboard is what will take me the most time to get use to. I am use to the ergonomics, so time will tell.

Thank you to all who answered my questions during the debate on the purchase, and I will truly say...."I am converted!"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
...welcome... to the dark side... (breathing)

enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You know, I figured Microsoft would be the dark side...

Welcome to the land of Macs. Now grab a drink, sit back, and enjoy the ride :D

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Just like Paladine, I used to make my own PC's from the ground up and after having 3 children in 2 years (well, my wife actually "had" them) I have decided that I no longer have the time or desire for fiddlin' and diddlin' with PC parts and so-called "upgrades". I'm 42 years old and am still a gamer...no, I am NOT ashamed to say that!

I no longer play PC games and purchased a PS3 and a 360 for any gaming I will do in the future. I am a happy convert to mac and appreciate all who tried so hard to convince me to switch. I just wish I had listened earlier!

Although I purchased the "cheapest" imac (2.0Ghz 20inch) I have NO complaints. I MAY upgrade the RAM to 2GB.

M

MacHeadCase

Howdy maxxe. Welcome to Mac-Forums.

And welcome to the Mac platform, guys! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Welcome maxxe! And Paladine, enjoy your new iMac - I know that you will!

BTW, a bit of advice. You ain't seen nuttin' yet. Go out and get yourself the book "OS X The Missing Manual, Leopard Edition". Once you start going through that book, you will be amazed at how much MORE power there is in your shiny new OS X install than may be immediately evident!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.