playing m3u files from music store - in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
I am having an issue with playing downloaded samples from an online music shop on my macbook. Running Tiger. I used to be able to just click on the sample button, it would download the file, open itunes, and begin playing immediately. Since about a month ago, when I click on the sample button, it will download an m3u file to my desktop, open itunes, but nothing will play. I’m thinking it might have had something to do with the itunes update I installed.

When I go to my desktop PC and click the same button, it plays with no problem at all.

Does anybody have any advice on how I can listen to these m3u files on my itunes? This site is how I find a lot of the new music I purchase, so it’s really important for me to get this working again!

Here is the site, with a sample page so you know what I am talking about. Try playing any of the tracks by clicking the “mp3” button next to any of them.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6605

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.