• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

super tuesday

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
well it's nearing closing time for the polls. i know it's still way to early to decide either way, but i'm curious to hear again some predictions... who do you guys think it's going to end up being?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Hmm, I'm really thinking Obama and McCain.

Not what I'd hope for, but that's my prediction.

If it could be my little dream world, it'd be Gravel and Paul, if only then because either way, we'd see some progressive thought in the White House instead of complacent, outmoded thought that we've had for years now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Oh, look at all the people still voting for Giuliani. How sad.

Reaction score
I haven't been following REALLY closely, but I wouldn't mind Obama as the president.

That being said, they are talking about this WAY too much on tv. I mean, come on, enough of the opinions (NBC), just show the results on the bottom of the screen, and for crying out loud, its 10:14 and LAW AND ORDER STILL HASNT STARTED, IF IT'S EVEN ON! (hyperventilates)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
It was mentioned on TV yesterday that Clinton and Obama will mostly like stay in until March or April. Tonight doesn't seem like it will be a factor for either candidate right now.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my wife and i tried to get to our polling place tonight. it was only open from 18:30 - 20:00. the road leading to it was backed up about a mile.

we had my three year old and our two month old in the car. needless to say we just could not male it. i feel really bad actually. i hope obama doesn't lose minnesota by two votes!!! ;P

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
woo-hoo!!! nm about my fears! 66%/34% in obama's favor! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.2 GHz, 160GB@7200rpm
woo-hoo!!! nm about my fears! 66%/34% in obama's favor! :D

good to hear that since you didn't get to vote! I'm also for Obama and will be extremely upset if he doesn't win. However, it's looking very good for him so far. Unfortunately, I have to wait until April since I'm in PA....should be very exciting until then though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
My gosh, I just looked at the percentages, holy cow, this is close! Obama appears to have a few states in hand on Hilary but not much, and McCain, Huckabee, and Romney are all really close. No clear winner of the day in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
If Romney does not do well in Cali, I have a feeling he will drop. That will leave McCain and Huckabee (nobody cares about Paul). If Huckabee wins the nomination, the Dems win in November.

As said above, the Dems will most likely not be settled today...we will have to wait.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
As said above, the Dems will most likely not be settled today...we will have to wait.

i don't know. as i was looking at the early numbers it seemed like the places obama took he took by a large margin. the ones hillary took seemed to be closer races other than new york. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
i don't know. as i was looking at the early numbers it seemed like the places obama took he took by a large margin. the ones hillary took seemed to be closer races other than new york. ;P

Its possible it will end tonight. It is coming down to Cali. I am eagerly awaiting the results...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
An Obama/McCain general would be epic. Really awesome.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i agree - i would be happy with either result.

a complete 180 from four years ago - what a dog show that was!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I would go back and look at the final results again if I were you ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Its possible it will end tonight. It is coming down to Cali. I am eagerly awaiting the results...

With 85% of precincts, CA results:

Clinton - 52%
Obama - 42%

McCain - 42%
Romney - 33%
Huckabee - 12%

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Clinton vs Obama = Patriots vs Giants... Close, and exciting to watch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.