• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

car accident

Reaction score
i got in a car accident today and my mac went flying into the dash it seems fine but im worried that i messed it up because i just got it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 Pro - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - macOS Monterey
Well, if it's running fine, other than some cosmetic damage, you should be fine. If you notice any sort of problems come up with it (screen flicker, clicking sounds from the hard drive, fan running constantly) take it in to the nearest Apple Store as soon as you can.

Apple notebooks are rather robust, I've seen time and time again. I had a friend with a 15" MacBook Pro accidentally drop a 20 pound barbell on it. The poor thing had a dent and the superdrive slot was bent up pretty bad, but it still ran like a champ.

You should hopefully not have any problems, and if you do encounter anything, just nip it in the bud.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.6 C2D 4GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 3GB 17", MBP 2.33 C2D 2GB 15"
i got in a car accident today and my mac went flying into the dash it seems fine but im worried that i messed it up because i just got it

Was the accident your fault or the other guys? I had my MBP on the pass seat. Screen open but sleeping.... Anyway, I was rearended and the notebook was pretty trashed....other guys insurance bought me a new one.

If it wasn't your fault, I would be getting a new one.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that about the Mac......errrr......I mean you......(seriously I do hope all is well with you).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Yeah, if there is a serious problem then insurance should cover.

Reaction score

We hardly care about your Mac,
We are just VERY happy that you are okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you weren't hurt.

OP
B
Reaction score
lol im fine and it was the bad weathers fault (though mine through the eyes of the insurance) and it was in a neoprine (sp?) case so there isn't even cosmetic damage thankfully

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.