• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Bobby Knight Resigns!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
well for some of you that have no idea who this man is, he is the coach with most wins in Division 1 college basketball with 902 career wins. he resigned today which is about halfway through the season which in my eyes is a little disrespectful to his fans and to his team. He has been a very controversial coach that always got in a players face if they did anything wrong or throw chairs across the court at refs when he got mad for a bad call, one thing Bobby Knight do right was getting the job done. For me as a diehard college basketball fan this is a sad day for all of college sports for a terrific coach to resign so unannounced. I don't know if there is any other college basketball fans here that feel the same as i do but he will always be remembered as the most winningest coach of all time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
He's the type that you don't have to like, but must respect. (kind of like a certain 2nd wealthiest man in the world)

Is there any reason why he resigned? Something pretty bad and sudden must have happened to cause it. I can't believe the man would go out like that.

OP
kkelly122
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i heard on espn that he wanted to leave the team and give his son pat who will be taking over the head coaching job so he can get use to head coaching for the rest of the season sort of like practice for the next season. a guess a good cause but he should've finished the season in my opinion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Heh...I saw him when we played Tech on the 26th. He didn't seem to have the energy that he once had.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Actually, here is a picture of him from that game.

cimg0083uz4.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
He's the type that you don't have to like, but must respect. (kind of like a certain 2nd wealthiest man in the world)

Is there any reason why he resigned? Something pretty bad and sudden must have happened to cause it. I can't believe the man would go out like that.

i was actually in lubbock for the "celebration" of his becoming the all time winningest coach. everyone respected him, and thought he was the best. I asked a friend who attends TTU and he told me he believes it's health related.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.