• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm 21 :)

Reaction score
HELLO ALL

today is the day...my 21st Birthday!!!! :)

Now...i have a question...Where in the U.S would any of you recommend for a little vacation....Here in Canada the legal age is 19, so 21 isnt anything new, but this is a HUUUUUUGE step for my international travels!!!! hehe...

Suggestions are welcome!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
This time of year??? The Grand Canyon! Or San Anotnio, TX... maybe San Diego, CA.

Happy birthday to you!!!

Reaction score
Happy Birthday and have a few brews on us :D If I had the choice of US destination they would be:
NYC - Would love to see the big apple.
Seattle - Great music and culture.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well Happy Birthday! (how did MHC miss this one??)

Thank you! and i dont know what/who MHC is :(....lol

This time of year??? The Grand Canyon! Or San Anotnio, TX... maybe San Diego, CA.

Happy birthday to you!!!

And thank YOU!!!! I've always wanted to go to California...I'm from Ontario actually...and originally from even farther east - New Brunswick to be precise...thats just about as east as it gets, so I'm very interested in the West....the east gets boring. hehe

OP
M
Reaction score
Happy Birthday and have a few brews on us :D If I had the choice of US destination they would be:
NYC - Would love to see the big apple.
Seattle - Great music and culture.

Thank you, sir!!! i think i've had my fair share of brews with the Superbowl yesterday!!! great game by the way!!! NY is awesome, but I AMMMMM a huge starbucks junkie...i wouldn't mind seeing the "original" town of the buck :p hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I grew up in Seattle.. so as Nirvana said... Seattle is an amazing city, as is the Oregon Coast (Seaside Oregon, Canon beach, etc).. But it's a bit chilly this time of year there... Cali... Now Cali is a Great place! Maybe fly in to San Fransisco and rent a car to road trip through Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Giant Sequoia Nat'l parks, into Los Angeles, and then Sandiego, then take a day trip into Mexico.

Now THAT would be some fun!

OP
M
Reaction score
I grew up in Seattle.. so as Nirvana said... Seattle is an amazing city, as is the Oregon Coast (Seaside Oregon, Canon beach, etc).. But it's a bit chilly this time of year there... Cali... Now Cali is a Great place! Maybe fly in to San Fransisco and rent a car to road trip through Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and Giant Sequoia Nat'l parks, into Los Angeles, and then Sandiego, then take a day trip into Mexico.

Now THAT would be some fun!

Oh man...i can feel the rays of sunshine already!!!! That's a wicked awesome idea!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
south beach miami. beautiful beaches and beautiful people

Reaction score
Well,
I guess it depends on what type of person you are and what you like to do and what weather you prefer.
I've been to a lot of places for someone of my day and age, and I would say that one of my favorite places is Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. If you've ever been there, it's not really a huge city like place, it's just really relaxing. There are a lot of interesting (imo) things to see there. I really like just sitting and watching the Soo Locks, and during the summer once a week (or more) they have some local and non local music groups come by for a concert, it's mostly jazz, it's great.
I was born there, so maybe that's why i'm so attatched, but I really think it's a worthwhile place to go if you are in the area. I plan on going back there when i'm old enough, maybe to go LSSU, my aunt went there, and my grandmother was a professor there, as well as St. Cloud State.

I also really like the east coast. I love Bar Harbor Maine.
And Gulf Shores Alabama is great too.
And I loved the Gateway Arch in St. Louis.

Just my 2 cents.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I'd go somewhere where you pretty much have to be 21 to do anything.. I'd go to Vegas... New york is pretty awesome too, but you could be there when you're 12 and have fun.

Reaction score
I'd go somewhere where you pretty much have to be 21 to do anything.. I'd go to Vegas... New york is pretty awesome too, but you could be there when you're 12 and have fun.

Oh but anyone could have fun anywhere at any age,
with their imaginaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaation!lol.:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I remember my 18th birthday in Cornwall (legal age 18)

We went down to the pub and had a few drinks, the barmaid asked us what we were celebrating

"Louis's 18th birthday" came the reply

"But he's been coming here for the last 2 years" she said ;D

OP
M
Reaction score
thank you all for your birthday wishes and wicked ideas.....

I was actually thinking the same ideas as PowerbookG4....my older brother used to live in British Columbia and has been to Vegas on several occasions and has nothing but awesome stories....

This is gonna be tough...haha

Reaction score
School. ;)

And just want to say that anyone can start threads for birthdays if they feel like it.

That being said, happy birthday macpwns!!! :D

You know, I have nothing better to do, so i'll be glad to do it when I can, I know you're brain is like 99% supercomputer, but still ONE PERSON cant do all! ;D

That being said let's see who we have for today.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Mardi Gras is coming up soon. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Happy Birthday!!! Ahh to be young again.. and also a robot!

Reaction score
I say, visit were I live, well at least the area. Dont worry I will leave you alone ;D but here would be a great vacation for me, with very little driving/travel, at least if it was my vacation. First I would go to Santa Cruz, beach, sunshine, and the boardwalk. Beautiful city. Another day Six Flags Great America. NONSTOP fun. For a quiet day, pass my house an you got the great park of Yosemite. Awesome place. I love hiking too. And the other days you can sprinkle in just relaxing in the vacation home in the little beach town of Aptos. Hhhhhmmmm, sounds like something I got planned already.....;D

Edit* Forgot the Oakland A's tickets. Neat

OP
M
Reaction score
Mardi Gras is coming up soon. ;)

VERY TRUE....OH MAN VERY TRUE....

Happy Birthday!!! Ahh to be young again.. and also a robot!

HAHAHA...but yet i feel so old :(

I say, visit were I live, well at least the area. Dont worry I will leave you alone ;D but here would be a great vacation for me, with very little driving/travel, at least if it was my vacation. First I would go to Santa Cruz, beach, sunshine, and the boardwalk. Beautiful city. Another day Six Flags Great America. NONSTOP fun. For a quiet day, pass my house an you got the great park of Yosemite. Awesome place. I love hiking too. And the other days you can sprinkle in just relaxing in the vacation home in the little beach town of Aptos. Hhhhhmmmm, sounds like something I got planned already.....;D

Edit* Forgot the Oakland A's tickets. Neat

Holy smokes. So would you mind being my travel agent?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.