• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Patriots lost!

Reaction score
I for one, am 1. Amazed this hasnt been posted yet. 2. Very happy they did.

To everyone who was a one year Patriots fan, HA! To everyone that actually is a pats fan, well, maybe next year. I know people are going to be like, well wheres your team at? There at home, laughing like crazy because they allowed the biggest upset in history. Anyway, what does everyone think of the outcome?

k3s

Reaction score
You beat me to it, i was going to post.
But anyways yea they lost, i was not going for a specific team, but was amazed they lost since they were poised to win. Yep maybe next year.

OP
C
Reaction score
O ya, they should have really won for sure. It was just upsetting for me to see a team go so far just to choke (not really choke, but you know what I mean) in the end. Must have sucked really. "Remember that one time we almost......" But good for the giants.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Hey now! I was a 1 year Patriots fan. Why? Because I'm so sick of seeing those old farts from the '72 Dolphins team come out of the woodwork every year when a team was threatening their achievement. I wanted the Pats to win so I wouldn't have to hear about this nonsense anymore. Unfortunately, I will. Also unfortunate is that a New York team wins, though I do have a soft spot for little Eli for some reason.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I am a Giants fan, that was the best game I've ever watched. So much fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac, 2GB ram, ATI HD2600 PRO, 320gb HDD
I wanted the Giants to win because of Eli. He deserved the ring... He's a great quarterback as is his brother, he played a great game and he deserved it. Although hats of to the pats for playing a awesome game.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
The 1972 Dolphins win! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I'm not big into football really, but watched it because my friend is, and was having a little party.

All I can say is what a come back the Giants had in the latter half of the game. It was a slow start, but they pulled through. That's the team she wanted to win, so yay for her and all the other Giants fants!

F

Fallooza

i didnt even know who played (untill i read this thread). any good commercials?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I grew up a giants fan and were happy that they won. Like many here thought i did want to see the pats go undefeated. There are two reasons that i wanted the pats to win. One was so i can say i witnessed a team go undefeated (72 dolphins were before my time) Second i wanted them to win to silence some of the 72 dolphins who would come out of the woodwork to criticize any team that had the opportunity to go undefeated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I'm not surpised. The Giants have played well recently and they've earned.
Bears will be back next season.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am not a sports fan, but I watched the Super Bowl anyway, primarily to see the ads. However, I must comment that the last half of the game was truly excellent football (from my non expert perspective at least), not the usual one sided run away that Super Bowl games are. If you didn't watch the game, you missed a good one.

I was rooting for the Patriots, and so I may not be ecstatic about the overall outcome, but I can still comment that it was a great game!

Reaction score
The only Tom that played well was Tom Petty. ;P

It was a great game. I was glad the Giants won. I was getting sick of the Patriots high and mighty attitude. I'm a Colts fan, so I was glad to see Eli get a ring.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I read this AM that Tom Petty was lip syncing! Is this so? I agree it likely doesn't really matter, since if he was lip syncing, it was to a recording of his own voice, but still... why have a live show if it is not "live"?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Tom Brady on his knees, hands on his sides, head hanging in shame after yet another bad play, is there any site more satisfying?? :) If anyone has a screenshot of that moment, please send it to me.

As for the commercials, rubbish. Thought that squirrel one was pretty good, as was the Doritos one that was home-made by a contest winner.

Reaction score
I doubt Tom Petty was lip syncing. Anyways GIANTS played a lot better. That miracle play in the 4th Quarter! How he broke out and just threw the ball for a 38 yard completion! I think Manning played amazing, and so was that catch by Tyree. I don't watch football that much but that game was amazing.

Tom Brady seems very overrated! Paris Hilton of football people say. Anyways I read a lot of people complaining about New England should of went for that 48 yard FG at 4TH and 13. I personally think there was no way he could of pulled that off with all that pressure, and considering the 2 he missed in the AFC game.

GO GIANTS! 18-1 no more bandwagons :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Tom Brady seems very overrated! Paris Hilton of football people say.
Excuse me? Overrated? The Paris Hilton of Football? The man had a bad game. Lets not forget that he does have 3 rings already. That is in no way an excuse for his performance last night, but to call him overrated because he had a bad game is probably the most ludicrous thing I have heard today. Tom Brady WILL go down as one of the best quarterbacks of all time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
Tom Brady seems very overrated! Paris Hilton of football people say.
Paris Hilton of football? People who say that must not know a lick about football. He did have an off game, but when you look at his accomplishments, it's easy to say he's one of the game's best quarterbacks.

Reaction score
I don't know that Brady had a bad game -- the Giants were all over him, more than any other team. He hadn't seen that much pressure all year.

What wasn't so shocking to me was how Belachick left the field before the game was officially over and his post game interview. Sure he was down because they lost, but I've watched many a Super Bowl and can't recall seeing a coach look so much like he didn't want to be bothered than he did.

Personally, I'm glad the Pats lost. Although I don't care much for the Giants either, I had been waiting all year for someone to knock the Pats down a notch. Now their undefeated season really doesn't mean squat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.