correct way to uninstall?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO 2.6ghz 4gb ram
Just wondering if you could tell me the correct way to uninstall dont want to leave a load of old files behind! Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook - 2.2Ghz / 1gb / 120gb / Leopard
Hi,

I use Appzapper, really easy to use, all you do is drag and drop the thing you want unistalled into the box and hey presto the app and all its files will be deleted. Costs about $12, but imo worth every penny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Drag the application to the trash...if it needs an uninstaller it will have come with one.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
While The Vindicat3d is absolutely correct, you are probably wondering why programs like AppZapper and AppDelete exist. Sometimes little traces of a program are left behind. They usually amount to little or nothing, but are there nonetheless. If that bothers you, the aforementioned programs help to eradicate those little files as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
I got AppZapper as part of the MacHesit deal. Prior to that I just dragged the app to the trashcan and then typed the application name into spotlight and deleted the few files that remained. That said, AppZapper is a fun little app. Just drap the application to the AppZapper window and hit zap. The screen flashes and you hear a "zap" sound. It gives you a little smile when you delete an app, pretty cool! One nice thing about AppZapper too is that most of the time it will also delete the install media (dmg file).

Reaction score
My personal experience with AppZapper is that it did not delete all the files associated with a program. I had to go in and route out some files manually. With AppZapper you get a free trial ... download it and see if you like it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.