Help Canadian find google

Reaction score
Just got my IMac today:Grimmace: ....trying to figure out basics. When I try to go to google.com I always wind up at google.ca. It does not matter whether I type the .com in the www line or do a search and select google.com. I always wind up at google.ca. This never happened with windows. Is there anyway to let Mac know I know what I want when I type the american .com and have it let me go there???

Reaction score
On the google.ca page there is a link to google.com. It says: "Got To Google.com" You can then set that as your homepage

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Well is your time set to the right time zone? if you live in amirica yet it right and it should go to google.com :D (I think)
as when i was in Australia i set the right time zone and it took me to google Australia :D
hope that helped you.

Reaction score
It works based on IP address. When I log into my Swedish based VPN and go to google, I get google Sweden.

Once you have visited google.ca a couple of times and clicked the go-to-google.com link, google leaves a cookie on your computer and it remembers your preference. You will always end up and the American frontpage from then on. Just remember not to clear your cookies

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.