My Web Design/Graphic Designing

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just thought I'd "show-off" some of my web design and graphic designing.

First off, the web design, this is my site. I hope i'm allowed to post this, but I made everything on the site in Photoshop, and then coded it in Dreamweaver.

www.revpixels.com

it is not done yet and only has the home page up and running. The site should be finished within a week.

Heres some of my graphics

sing.jpg

tyler.jpg

wings-1.jpg

japanesegarden-1.jpg

name.jpg

stronger-3.jpg

look.jpg

gas.jpg

headphone.jpg

larger piece..

177c70ea.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
nice looking work. A bit of feedback on the site - I'd give the logo a little more breathing room. I personally think it needs a little more space above it, and definitely some more below. It's all very squashed up the top of the page. Also, might want to check the spelling of 'flurish' ;) Layout is clean and easy to follow. Let us know when you get some more content in there, as all the pages appear to be the same at the moment.

The sigs look great - you really create a style for each sig. A lot of people I've seen tend to simply use the same style over and over with just a different image. The 'MONTIE' one seems a bit over the top though.
I love the GAS one. The colours work well and the image is great.

The space one is pretty nice. It seems as though you used a noise filter to make the stars though - and it seems a little too dense. Check out the flaming pear site. They have some filters for creating space scenes like that, and should give you a more natural look.

OP
Montie Da Champ
Reaction score
Thanks. About the site: I'm still working on the CSS coding and I was planning on adding some padding on the top of the page. Thanks for pointing that out though! and yes, i will be sure to update you all when I finish the site!

My sigs: thanks for the good feedback of those too! I like the gas one also. And yes, on the space one, I definately did go a little over the top on the noise, and that is what every one else who critiqued it said too.

Reaction score
I like the "Wings" a lot - did you sketch the character out yourself or is it a manipulation(in which case I still like it but you're not my hero anymore;)) ) The woman - third from the bottom - very nice.

The website - In my opinion it could use some subtle rollovers for navigation bar - It looks a little stiff without anything "flicking" in a layout like that(otherwise very nice and crisp) and maybe addition of colour or some graphic at the right hand side of the navbar, too.
I love the colours for your website.

Reaction score
and, If I may - I would change the font for strapline under the logo.
I am just jealous cause I cannot edit the image as good as you do;))

I guess you're just starting the business, right? I am in a similiar position here in London.
Fancy sharing tips and experiences?
All the best.

OP
Montie Da Champ
Reaction score
Well, the best advice I could give you is to advertise advertise advertise, post bulletons at your local grocery stores, and everywhere where advertising is allowed and free. This will help you get started. This is the stage I am at. Also, don't charge too much at the beginning stages, make sure you get known well and have good testimonials before deciding to charge an arm and a leg, which is what web design usually costs these days. (300$+ for a full website) i will probably only charge 50-100 dollars for my first 5-6 jobs.

Also, on the wings one it was a manipulation, i smudged his skin a little and "painted" over his original color and then added some nice effects to him to add flow and eye candy. I got lucky when I found the stock image of that girl too. it was very good quality, I just had to do small amounts of retouching to make it perfect and to make her eyes stand out, which i think is why that signature is successful, becuase her eyes give a special "feeling" when looking at it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Your graphic skills are completely desirable. Your work looks really good to me, however the website disappointed me.

Im pretty much a newbie in my job as a 'Multimedia Artworker', with a sideline business working as a web designer (www.evolewtion.co.uk). Your website is ALL images, no CSS and hardly any HTML..

Im not trying to shoot you down in flames here, but if your charging people for websites should you not code them yourself?

From the source code <!-- ImageReady Slices (revpixelstemplate.psd) --> tells me that ImageReady generated pretty much the whole website?

But as I say, your Graphics are really cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Sorry, I dont see any changed?

OP
Montie Da Champ
Reaction score
Thanks! Just a reminder, I have closed RevPixels as there have been some conflicts between me and the person who gave me the domain, my new company is now Studio67 and i've already gotten some jobs!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.