No sound from MIDI keyboard

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently purchased my first MIDI keyboard, an M-Audio Keystation 49e. It has a fairly simple setup (very much plug n' play), but for some reason, I can't hear any sound at all.

I'm trying to use it with Ableton Live (Lite) 5, and the program can see the keyboard just fine, I just can't figure out how to get the sound to come out of my USB Bose speaker setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
Are you getting a MIDI signal coming through into Live when you press the keys on your keyboard? Have you armed the track to receive MIDI information? Also, try the Audio MIDI Setup - should be in the Applications folder under Utilities.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Hey all, I recently purchased my first MIDI keyboard, an M-Audio Keystation 49e. It has a fairly simple setup (very much plug n' play), but for some reason, I can't hear any sound at all.

I'm trying to use it with Ableton Live (Lite) 5, and the program can see the keyboard just fine, I just can't figure out how to get the sound to come out of my USB Bose speaker setup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Bryan

Not sure if this will help but...

I had to change a setting in the audio preferences to tell Logic Express 8 to use the input on the back of the iMac. It seemed to default to the built in microphone. This has nothing to do with your problem but I was just as baffled as you when I couldn't record live instruments and fiddling with the audio preferences fixed it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.