Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I need help on which Mac is best for me?

I can tell by the letters you used that you will need the Mac Pro. The most expensive set up. Should work wonders. :)

OP
N
Reaction score
What do you mean by the letters I used. I was actually looking at the black MacBook. The MacBook Pro its way to expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Since you posted it in "MacBook" I would assume that's the one for you....

In all seriousness, we need a little more information than that. What do you plan on doing with the computer? What are your needs and expectations?

OP
N
Reaction score
My main uses would be Internet, music, chatting, etc. I think the MacBook is probably the best, but I just want other opinions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Yeah...there really is no reason to pay $200 dollars more for the Black MacBook though. Just do what I did. I bought the base MacBook, and then I threw in 2 Gigs of RAM and a 250 WD HDD. Although, you probably don't really need the 250 Gig...but it is nice to have room for all my music on my computer.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
As much as I like the black, I hear so many bad things about it.

Really? Like what? It's pretty much the same machine as the white MacBook, albeit better equipped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13"/2.0Ghz/4GB/80GB/White Macbook
the basic macbook is good minus the fact its only got a combo drive (cant burn dvd's)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I love my black Macbook. My sisters have the white Macbook and I just wouldn't be able to use it. I'm really glad that I got the black one.

Reaction score
Yeah, you'll be happy with the MB. I love mine... although the MBA is calling my name.

OP
N
Reaction score
I heard that the black MacBook attracts finer prints very easily. I love the color, but I don't know if I am willing to pay an extra $200 just for black.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I heard that the black MacBook attracts finer prints very easily. I love the color, but I don't know if I am willing to pay an extra $200 just for black.

I have a feeling that you're just as likely to see marks on the white Macbook, if not more so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No, he's right. The black Macbook does attract more fingerprints than the white Macbook does. But then again, the white Macbook shows scratches more than the black one.

Also, you're not paying $200 more just for the color, you're also getting a larger hard drive. Granted, an extra 40GB isn't valued at $200, so there is a premium for the color. But for those who really want the black, it can be worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.