• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

help me please...

Reaction score
every time i try to go to a specific forum it trys to auto download
default.aspx

whatever it is i dont know i try to find it but it says it hasnt been created..
is this a windows file??

i had trouble with this forum before.. i was banned because of a headstrong mod. i threaten to sue etc.. long story..

my 2 week ban is apparently a permanent ban.. this mod is scared since i can prove he is in the wrong anyway.. i was ip banned.. its been a month now and i was still banned.. normal bans are two weeks.. so i write asking about my 2 week ban.. this same mod emails me says it has been changed and it was a permanent ban but he will let me on..if it doesnt at first.. keep trying to get on since it takes time for their system to turn over..

i go then these downloads try to start.. at first the page started to load then these downloads start.. i stop them.. i try to reload the page but now the page is blank..

anyone know what this is about??

i did warn to connect via proxies etc.. do you think they were trying to add a script or something thinking i was running a windows based machine??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I just wanted to say hi to everyone before this thread gets locked. HI!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I too want to know how and why you threatened to sue MF or the mod(s).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Seriously, it sounds like a mime type is bad somewhere. That is usually the issue when a server-generated page will 'download' as file. At which time, everyone would have the same problem. It's odd that only you saw that. Maybe you have a weird/custom mime setting for .aspx set up in your browser? If so - just remove it from the list.

attachment.php

Picture 2.png

OP
R
Reaction score
first off let me clarify its not mac forum or any mac related forum.. just wondering if they were trying to download script now...

its funny how scared this mod is he even contacted me via email (which is not normal) first trying to cover himself.. its only added to my case of discrimintation/harrassment etc.. building a case I IZ... ne way..

so whats this auto download biz???

OP
R
Reaction score
safari just let me back in and any link i thouch there it trys to download...

opera wont even let me into the site says request refused..

firefox is blank

weird _____ going down man..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Is that forum really worth the hassle if they are that unwelcoming

On the forum I have moderated I don't think we have ever had to ban someone, we just had to not validate a user who put a very rude word in their user name

OP
R
Reaction score
Is that forum really worth the hassle if they are that unwelcoming

On the forum I have moderated I don't think we have ever had to ban someone, we just had to not validate a user who put a very rude word in their user name

its the mod,, not the site.. i dont know if mods get paid or not but he will lose his mod job for 1.. secondly its the principle of it. ban me for him not doing his job among other things

this site is a team sport site i have followed for 20 years and have been part of the site for years..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.