firefox

Reaction score
Hi-

I just installed firefox for mac, and everything is awesome. Except one thing. Gmail. It works fine, but when I try and write in the box the text lags incredibly. Its very annoying. When I type in other forms such as facebook or even this right here, its just fine. Is this a problem with the javascript that Gmail uses? Or what. Anyone know how to fix this? Because I certainly hate the HTML Gmail haha.

Thanks!

-Devon

Reaction score
I've been using Gmail on my Mac for a while and I've never had that problem. Does it only do it in Firefox and not in Safari?

What type of Mac do you own?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid'09 MBP; 2.53GHz; 8GB RAM; OS X 10.8.2 | 2G iPod Touch 32GB | iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 16GB | iPad Air
i've just noticed the same thing while typing, in the end i had multiple double spaces on my text...
but it doesn't seem to happen with safari...

OP
Y
Reaction score
yeah its exclusive to gmail in firefox. nothing else. just that.

its truly annoying cuz i love firefox. well whatever. i guess I'll deal with it haha.

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 1.83GHz 120GB Leopard and XP
I am using FF 3.0 Beta 2 and have never had any problems with this, even when I used the current release version.

No suggestions, but I do not think it is a FF prob, maybe Gmail?

Have a look on some FF forums and see if this is a common "issue".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Well you are using a firefox beta sooo... i would expect for their to be some problems

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.