iMovie completly dissappeared!

k3s

Reaction score
Okay today i was going to edit some videos. Thinking i could use imovie, i searched for it because it is not on my dock. But when i searched for it it did not come up on the applications folder. I searched the apple site, but it required my to have the previous installment, but since i dont have it, what can i do?

Also could it be possible since my macbook is refurbished, and came with tiger,but and installation disk for leopard that it did not come with the complete ilife suite. Because i am also missing iweb, garage band etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Okay today i was going to edit some videos. Thinking i could use imovie, i searched for it because it is not on my dock. But when i searched for it it did not come up on the applications folder. I searched the apple site, but it required my to have the previous installment, but since i dont have it, what can i do?

Also could it be possible since my macbook is refurbished, and came with tiger,but and installation disk for leopard that it did not come with the complete ilife suite. Because i am also missing iweb, garage band etc..

If you did an erase and install, that explains why it is gone. Just remember, iLife is not part of OS X but happens to come installed on all new Macs.

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Ah darn it, that explains it. I did an erase and install thinking that it would be better since i have heard of some issues of just installing it over. Does anyone know of a free movie editor for the mac?

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
But what could i do to get imovie back? Could i go to the apple store since my computer is under a one year warranty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Insert disc 1 of your install discs. Double click the "Install Bundled Software Only" icon. When you get to the part that allows you to choose customize, choose that and you get to a list of applications including iMovie.

Before doing that, I'd do a search for the file iMovie using spotlight. Maybe you misplaced it.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
But what could i do to get imovie back? Could i go to the apple store since my computer is under a one year warranty?

Don't you have a set of Tiger install discs?

Amen-Moses

OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
But the thing is i do have the disks, but since my computer is a refurbished one. It came with tiger and a seperate install disk of leopard - which i installed on my computer. If i insert the tiger disks it asks for a complete erase and install. But i cant do that since i have all my programs installed and set up.

I already did a search in spotlight etc.. nothing.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
But the thing is i do have the disks, but since my computer is a refurbished one. It came with tiger and a seperate install disk of leopard - which i installed on my computer. If i insert the tiger disks it asks for a complete erase and install. But i cant do that since i have all my programs installed and set up.

I already did a search in spotlight etc.. nothing.

When you put the first Tiger disk in do you see a "Install Bundled Software Only" icon?

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
OP
k3s

k3s

Reaction score
Ah thanks for the program, well i found the program, but how would i go about installing it? I have draged it to the applications folder and it launches, but then gives me an error and asks to ether "Ignore, Report, Relaunch"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You found it where? Via Pacifist? If so read the instrucitons on how to use it. Typically Apple software is in a .PKG file that you double click on and that starts the installer. I have to admit, I've never had to use Pacifist, I just know it has helped many many people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.