Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'm a freshman in college in the US, and i want to start a photography club at my school, but i don't know what we would do. I was thinking about going to seminars, going on those tours where they take people places to teach them to shoot right in certain situations, and maybe visit local studios. Part of the college's guidelines include creating a 'constitution and a set of bylaws.' What do they mean by that? And also, with the ideas i said above, how much do those things cost? If anyone could give me some ideas, that would be great. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
You could raise money for items for the club that could be used for you guys to host seminars and workshops for your members.

Cheap radio triggers = $30
Cheap flash = $80
accessories = $70 per flash

Lighting is very important and not well understood by a lot of amatuers looking to turn pro. Most studio work envolves off camera lighting.

Studios rented out often provide equipment, but having the equipment and a room at the college will be cheaper after the initial investment.

Also, you can host photo walks. Maybe a charitable contribution to your community, like taking free family portraits every couple of months for families that can't afford the luxury of even going someplace like sears for pictures. There's a ton of things to do.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's a really good idea about the charitable photos, i like that. Yea those photo workshops were kind of what i meant as a photo walk. The advisot who hopefully would be helping me out is a pro photographer himself, so he might be able to help out with equipment, i also have some of my own too. Thanks for you opinion Village idiot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
That's a really good idea about the charitable photos, i like that. Yea those photo workshops were kind of what i meant as a photo walk. The advisot who hopefully would be helping me out is a pro photographer himself, so he might be able to help out with equipment, i also have some of my own too. Thanks for you opinion Village idiot!

And go big.

An offshoot of the www.strobist.com 's flickr group, that I started for the DC/Baltimore area: http://www.flickr.com/groups/dcbaltimorestrobist/

Right now we're in talks to do a meet at the Washington National's RFK stadium. The Seattle strobist group just finished a shoot inside of an airplane hangar. Sky's the limit and you're the only person that can limit yourself.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sky's the limit and you're the only person that can limit yourself.[/QUOTE said:
You are so right about that. So what do you do in that strobist club? Is it like learning about lighting equipment and all the different things u can do with it? I just bought this one book "Portrait Photography: Secrets of Posing and lighting" by Mark Clegorn, it's really a good read.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.