Two unrelated questions...

Reaction score
I just got an 2.2 MBP 15" for Christmas, and love it, but occasionally I still have questions that I can't seem to find the answers to...

1. My Apple Remote just started doing something weird, for no apparent reason. Whenever I press a button (at least in iTunes, which is all I've been really using it for), it seems to register the input twice (When I hit play/pause, it pauses and immediately starts playing again, and when I try to skip a song it skips twice. I tried taking out the battery and putting it back in, but that didn't work.

2. Is there any way I can remap a key on my keyboard, specifically make the enter key between right command and the arrows into a second option key? I like to be able to enter keyboard shortcuts with one hand (get your mind out of the gutter) and this would help very much.

Thanks in advance for your help!

EDIT: One more thing I'm just curious about... Does anyone know what Cmd-Opt-Up and Down do in Camino? Attached is a screenshot of what appears after I use these shortcuts

Picture 10.png

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for trying, but it looks like (correct me if I'm wrong) that just enables you to change what key is mapped to the Exposé functions, and I want to basically turn one key into another. Also, one of the comments say that it doesn't work on Leopard (which I should have said I have...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Well you can always send it for repair under warranty.

OP
N
Reaction score
Well, never mind about the remote problem... I had forgotten about it, and calenerd's post reminded me. I tried using the remote again, and it seems to work! :eek: (So, the problem appeared for no apparent reason, then disappeared for no apparent reason...)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.