• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

RIP Little Birdie Mac :'(

Reaction score
Oh dear M-F,

Today has been a truly HORRIBLE day. :'(
It was supposed to be the BEST day.
I was excited to see some people at school, even though I saw them on friday, and it was my 1 year mark.

Well, unusually BAD things have happened to me today.
1)I lost my iPod on the bus. Got it back from someone, but it was scary.
and now,
I come home and my BEAUTIFUL BIRD IS DEAD! I'm horrified!

Final Hours:

The cat got in my room before I went to bed and was harassing it, but it was chirping SO MUCH at about 11 when i was going to bed so i know it was alive. There was a light sheet over the cage.

This morning, the cat got in. Kicked it out, didn't check on the bird, didn't think i would have had to, didn't think the cat could kill it. Im pretty sure the door was blocked all day.
Got home at 3. Didnt check. It's usually sleeping until about 6PM.
5:19, i lift the sheet off the cage.

It's lying there dead at the bottom. There is slightly more food spilled than usual. There is some water, about 1/3 of the tray. I usually put more water in around 6 each day.

I don't know why it died, I got it december 30th at about 15weeks old.

I feel like a horrible person. I feel like i'm not worthy or capable to own a pet. Now it's just lying there dead, it's sad eyes looking at me with disgust.
It was a beautiful bird, if only i would have done something. I talk about him ALL DAY. I bragged about him to my friends, not knowing that he was currently dying. What did i do wrong? He was one of my best friends, yet i mistreated him, didn't check up on him when I should have. I feel horrible.

It's been quite cold recently, and my room in in a cold basement, but i do have a space heater. But last night it was turned on VERY low, it was hardly going. The thermometer reads 66, which is a little low :'( .
I'm disgusted with myself. How could i let this happen?
I cant bear to touch it, I cant bring myself to it. Ill have someone else do it, Im sure it wouldnt want my hands to be the hands to put it to its final resting place.

I loved you, may you rest in peace.
IMG_0782.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I'm so sorry! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Really sorry to hear about the bird buddy.

Reasons? To be honest you probably wont ever know, there could be lots but i mean, the stress from the cat could well of done it. Unfortuntly we have had a few of our birds when we kept them, suffer because of the cat stressing them out.

Just remember though where ever the lil guy has gone, Im sure it'll be happy :)

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2gb Memory, 80gb HDD, Leopard / Pink iPod Nano
i'm so sorry!

and we just said the other day that he was going to spread all of your secrets :|

he was a very beautiful bird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Bloody **** Tanner tough luck. Great to see memories bring a smile. Pets are great, better value than people in some cases. Think of the happy times and remember, without your lovely bird as your friend, they would never have happened.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" | 2.0Ghz Intel Core Duo 2 | 1GB Ram | 250GB HDD | ATi Radeon HD2400XT 128MB Video
Think of all the good memories with the pet rather than the bad ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.