CS3 Bridge Trouble

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a recent mac convert, and i gotta say, it sure is nice. I have a silver Imac with 2.4Ghz and 1GB ram with the 20 in monitor.

Anyway, i downloaded and installed CS3 yesterday, trial version, seems to be working well however Bridge will not quit / close at all. It is not frozen, it still works fine, it just will not close.

There are updates that need to be installed but they wont install until i close CS3 Bridge. I tried to shut down the computer but it says I have programs that need attention before I can shut down, Bridge is last thing running. I tried command alt .... something that I saw online but nothing worked. I even held the power button in and it seemed to shut down, but on restart it was right back where it started, did not boot up or anything, its like it woke up from sleeping, Bridge staring right at me.

All along the functionality of Bridge is still working, the only thing that does not work is the red close button.

Anyone had an issue like this, or have an answer for me, again i cant install any updates until i get out of Bridge.

Thankd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD
Wow, running CS3 with just 1GB RAM memory? I would guess that that may be your problem.

Adobe is shipping me a cross-platform upgrade to CS3 that I'm looking forward to trying out on my 2.4Ghz, 24" iMac. I upgraded to 4GB right out of the box so that I can run CS3, Lightroom, and a bunch of other programs all at once.

OP
S
Reaction score
you think that has something to do with it, i did not really do any work with the program, just clicked around and opened things up. It seemed to run pretty well, compared to my old photoshop 6.0 on my old PC.

I do plan to upgrade the ram to 2 Gigs, maybe i should go for a 2 gig stick to make 3.

I can open up and close other parts of CS3 fine, its just the Bridge portion giving me headaches. Like it's posessed or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I haven't heard of any problems with CS3 running on Macs, so that would be my best guess. I'll let you know how it runs on my iMac as soon as I get my copy of CS3.

OP
S
Reaction score
So, does anyone know of a way to force the system to shut down, closing the Bridge program in the process. Holding the power button, like on the ol PC, doesnt seem to do it.

I would like to install the update to see if it fixes the problem.....

OP
S
Reaction score
imagine that, there is an option to force quit. That did it, closed down.

Thanks for the input!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I installed Photoshop CS3 on my 2.4Ghz 24" iMac this evening, and everything seems to run just fine, including Bridge. And boy is the processing time fast compared with my 3 year old PC!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.