• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My EPSON sucks ink like...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
continue the sentence. Saw a website with a bunch of analogies referring to how fast an EPSON printer eats ink!

My epson goes through ink faster than I go through facial tissues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
My Epson sucks ink like it knows the cartridges are 10€ a pop...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
My Epson C120 (fastest inkjet on the market) sucks ink like its trying to screw me out of money and also wants to drive me freaking nuts by only printing 50 pages before it runs out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Epson sucks ink

Do you refill your cartridges? I have an Epson Stylus Color 600 it uses ink too, but i refill the cartridges-much cheaper-give it a shot.

Reaction score
My epson sucks ink like it knows that canon makes a better printer overall, and wants to have the lead in something...

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My Epson sucks ink like it knows I'm going to return it tonight :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I tossed my Epson but if I had an Epson, it would suck ink like it's only using 80% of the ink in there.

Epson admits they designed the hardware and software to tell you it's out of ink before it actually is. They feel it's best for consumers or that they're saving us money by doing this. Their thought it if you're in the middle of a print and it does run bone dry, you will have to waste a lot more ink because you will have to reprint the last work. By leaving some ink in the cartridge, they save us from ever truly running out of ink mid-print.

Now, I am not sure how much ink is really left when the cartridge is "empty" but I should be able to decide if I want to swap of the cartridge early or risk it.

Reaction score
My Epson sucks ink like it knows the cartridges are 10€*a pop...

Do you think that's by design? :) Remember the good old days when the printers costs a couple hundred bucks and the ink was cheap? Now the printer manufacturers can actually afford to give the printer away for free because they make so much $$$ on the ink!

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tossed my Epson but if I had an Epson, it would suck ink like it's only using 80% of the ink in there.

Epson admits they designed the hardware and software to tell you it's out of ink before it actually is. They feel it's best for consumers or that they're saving us money by doing this. Their thought it if you're in the middle of a print and it does run bone dry, you will have to waste a lot more ink because you will have to reprint the last work. By leaving some ink in the cartridge, they save us from ever truly running out of ink mid-print.

Now, I am not sure how much ink is really left when the cartridge is "empty" but I should be able to decide if I want to swap of the cartridge early or risk it.

inkchip.JPG

See that lovely little chip?

That's on every EPSON cartridge. It counts how many pages have been printed that involves the cartridge. If you had a page that was mainly blue, . the cyan cartridge meter would go down a bit. It doesn't measure the ink at ALL. That's why I'm returning mine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
I use the printer at my work :)

Ink = free

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
My EPSON sucks ink like the U.S. is using up all of a natural resources!

but seriously, i'm glad you said that, i thought it was just me.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My Canon sucks ink like it knows it can print 300 pages per cartridge!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
I use the printer at my work :)

Ink = free

Me too. We have a Xerox Docucolor 7000AP here, a big battleship of a printer, over 10' long. I print all my oversized prints (5x7s, 8x10s, etc) of my girls on 80# gloss cover stock. It can print up to a 13x19 sheet. Does a very nice job.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.