Got my MacBook!!!

Reaction score
i had $900, and my dad lent me $600 to get a macbook white, running leopard, with 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 160gb hardrive, really excited, takes five days to ship, igt a discount through my dads work, but now i owe him $600, 1 whole years allowance, so i am officialy in debt and will have no cash to spend for a year. ( got an incase and iworks 08):D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool
Congrats.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
congrats on your new system

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Please note - with the rash of people spilling liquid on there systems. Keep all liquids away from your system. ;)

OP
MacBooK_92
Reaction score
thanks for your advice, no one is touching my mac, no one, no one will be allowed in the same room as it.

Reaction score
i had $900, and my dad lent me $600 to get a macbook white, running leopard, with 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 160gb hardrive, really excited, takes five days to ship, igt a discount through my dads work, but now i owe him $600, 1 whole years allowance, so i am officialy in debt and will have no cash to spend for a year. ( got an incase and iworks 08):D

Just wondering,
how long did it take you to save up $900?
I wish i had enough drive to save up $900, im horribly bad at spending money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
im bad at saving money, i can barely save 500$ :p

congrats on the macbook, you will looooovvve it!

k3s

Reaction score
Congrats,
I recently got mine, but had to give up my birthday and Christmas presents for the macbook. So all i got was the computer, but well worth it.

Reaction score
Are you all serious? Get a job. It took me a month and a half last summer to make the money to buy my macbook and make car payments and pay for stuff like food, energy drinks, shows, etc... If you are at least 16 years old (or the minimum age to work in your country), you shouldn't need mommy and daddies' help to buy a macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Relax man he's obviously not old enough to get a job if he's still getting allowance, although i completely agree with you, if your over 16 and you need to buy something...get a job!

OP
MacBooK_92
Reaction score
vindicated i can get a job at the end of summer, but im english and moved to america so i need my greencard before i can get a social security number, it should arrive in like 1 month, but i cant work till end of summer.
Tanner- it took me like 5 months, as my dad gave me $500, and then i sold an xbox 360 and wii and broguht a ps3, so in total i had $900
I WILL PAY OFF MY DEBT IN SEPTEMBER WHEN I GET A JOB!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Congrats man! You won't be disappointed. :)

Reaction score
You'll love your new Mac. The MacBook is what started it all for me last year. I bought it for work to try out and it prompted me to by my first home Mac, the iMac pictured here. I bought it last Wednesday. I'm just about completely Windows free!

DSC01988.jpg

Reaction score
wow i like it, i like your avatar, its pretty dirty tharmsen
Dirty? How so?

The days will seem to crawl by but when it gets to you... you'll be the happiest person on the planet. :D

I couldn't wait for my new Mac, I had to run down to the Apple store and pay and extra 2.5% in sales tax because I just had to bring it home with me that day.

k3s

Reaction score
Are you all serious? Get a job. It took me a month and a half last summer to make the money to buy my macbook and make car payments and pay for stuff like food, energy drinks, shows, etc... If you are at least 16 years old (or the minimum age to work in your country), you shouldn't need mommy and daddies' help to buy a macbook

Also you have to consider the fact that my parents wount allow my to get a job as school is a priority, as well as i have 4 ap classes to tend to as well as a yearbook class which takes up every waking moment i have. Although i plan on getting a job second semester of senior year as classes will let up and applications for college will be over. But no i do not rely on the parents for money, just once i asked for something.

OP
MacBooK_92
Reaction score
tharmsen "dirty" means good or cool, but you changed your avatar. secondly, it should arrive in 5 days, but i have midterms, so i get home at 12, so days are even longer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.