• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Choosing your options

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Well at the end of next month I will be choosing my options for year 10 and 11 and was wondering what you had picked and what jobs you have (If you dont mind me asking) I have a rough idea on what I would like to take but ime not too sure and if ime on the right track.

OP
James-
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BUMP ;) am sorry

Reaction score
I'm pretty much in the same situation, although I have a lot more choices than I did last year because a)Freshmen are put in last and b) I got all of my required options (Health, computer etc) out of the way first.
Our school has trimesters intead of simesters, it's the first year with trimesters, and there is a lot of problems, really the only people who suffer are the students. By the end of the trimester all the teachers suddenly realize "Oh crap, we only have 3 weeks left and we haven't covered a lot!" so they load it all on us in that short amount of time. And this year is the first year the new requirements in our state take affect, so the class of 2011 (Thats me) are officially the "guinea pigs" of the new curriculum, it's not a good feeling.

Anyway, I don't have as many options as other people because I'm planning on taking some classes that take up 2 trimesters or the whole year, where most classes just take up 1 (Like band and french and things like that).

I have no idea what I want to do as far as a job, it's a pretty deep thing to think about, sometimes it scares me.

I always think it's good to learn another language. The thing is with taking a foreign language class is that you can't be afraid to get im in font of 40 people and make a fool out of yourself, but I do that anyway every day so it doesn't matter to me ;),but some people are shy, just depends on what type of person you are.

I think i'm going to take drama as well. I don't know what choices you have in England, but we have some weird ones here!
I think i'm going to take Computer II and Technical Drawing as well, but I don't know.

Sorry I wasn't that helpful, but good luck!

Reaction score
Oh wait, one more thing.

So you pick your options for both year 10 and 11 at the same time?
That's interesting, we pick one year at a time at the end of the previous year, but that's probably because our school is really poor so they end up eliminating a class each year because they can't afford to keep it, this year it's foods, which is a bummer because I wanted to take foods next year!
You eat, and get graded for it! What's not to love?!
Well you have to burn it off too, but still.....

OP
James-
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Errrm you pick for bouth years out ours....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
We didn't have many options when I was in high school, mostly we only got to pick a certain foreign language, music related class and maybe some computer classes.

A foreign language is always a good choice. Everyone I knew picked french or spanish. I wanted to do something different, so I got permission to take Japanese at a bigger school nearby. However, I really wish I had taken Spanish and really stuck with it. I would recommend that as it would be the most useful language you could learn. I regret not continuing to work on learning a foreign language.

Other than that, it really up to what you want to do.

OP
James-
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well at are school we only have french. and I really suck at it! I also wish i could take spanish

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.